Cambridge Audio Azur351R which 5.1 best?

Atomgeszi08

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear AV masters!

I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 351R.
It has 5x50W (8 ohm / 5 Channel)
2x70W (8 ohm /2 channel)

I am looking for some 5.0 speakers and subwoofer. I'm just looking for the best set for this AV.

I am playing on PS4Pro, watching movies on notebbok via HDMI to > AV > BenQ W1070.
Listening deep house / progressive house music ( , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdLattI5Pjk , https://youtu.be/DSF7ss54lpE, etc) through Dell 5590 notebook HDMI > Azur 351R

I have checked some set on internet,
Monitor Audio Silver 100
Cambridge Audio SX80
Klipsch RP-280F
Dali Concept 6
Klipsch RP-600M
Which one is the best for this AV?

And otherwise I need center and surround and subwoofer, but dont know which one :)

Could any help me about find the best 5.0 + sub system?

Thank you <3 <3

Dear AV masters!

I have a Cambridge Audio Azur 351R.
It has 5x50W (8 ohm / 5 Channel)
2x70W (8 ohm /2 channel)

I am looking for some 5.0 speakers and subwoofer. I'm just looking for the best set for this AV.

I am playing on PS4Pro, watching movies on notebbok via HDMI to > AV > BenQ W1070.
Listening deep house / progressive house music ( , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdLattI5Pjk , https://youtu.be/DSF7ss54lpE, etc) through Dell 5590 notebook HDMI > Azur 351R

I have checked some set on internet,
Monitor Audio Silver 100
Cambridge Audio SX80
Klipsch RP-280F
Dali Concept 6
Klipsch RP-600M
Which one is the best for this AV?

And otherwise I need center and surround and subwoofer, but dont know which one :)

Could any help me about find the best 5.0 + sub system?

Thank you <3 <3

What is your total budget? (in € as you live in Hungary)
Room size with possible openings and neighbours to worry?
Do you have option to go listen any of those models?

What is your total budget? (in € as you live in Hungary)
Room size with possible openings and neighbours to worry?
Do you have option to go listen any of those models?
I think 1000Euro without cables. But if I could lower budget relative good sound..... :)

I found an 5.1 set for this(total ~ 1100 euro with shipping) price, include:
Two Cambridge Audio SX80 front
Cambridge Audio SX70 center
CA SX60 surround
And SX120 subwoofer.

But this is not possible to hear that, this is just a discount from 1200 eur to 1000 eur. Temporary out of stock( about 2 weeks to restocking. But I dont know the price will same or higher)

Room size about 16 square meters, this is family house, neighbours dont problem. :D

One hour driving I found a Klipsch RP-600M without stand, second hand speaker, about 475 Eur. But this is only 2 front.

Last edited:
I think 1000Euro without cables. But if I could lower budget relative good sound..... :)

I found an 5.1 set for this(total ~ 1100 euro with shipping) price, include:
Two Cambridge Audio SX80 front
Cambridge Audio SX70 center
CA SX60 surround
And SX120 subwoofer.

But this is not possible to hear that, this is just a discount from 1200 eur to 1000 eur. Temporary out of stock( about 2 weeks to restocking. But I dont know the price will same or higher)

Room size about 16 square meters, this is family house, neighbours dont problem. :D

One hour driving I found a Klipsch RP-600M without stand, second hand speaker, about 475 Eur. But this is only 2 front.

It´s hard to build good system with such low budget. You have budget receiver so the SX range speakers likely suit fine. At least the owners seem to like how they sound. 41 reviews most of them 5/5.

The subwoofer is really poor, but that usually goes for all in that price range.

You could build the system slowly. The Klipsches you mention are very popular for movies and music. There is like 10+ reviews and hundred youtube clips on those. Easy to drive also so could work great with your receiver. Then you would add some cheap 60cm tall speaker stands used 20-50€.

Sadly good subwoofer will cost more, but also can make dramatic difference for both movie and music experience.

The latter example would be starting with 2.1 system and then order speaker wire from Amazon.de example as it will most likely cost lot more where you live. The below is very popular OFC and 2,5mm what you want. And also subwoofer cable that won`t cost much.

Amazon product ASIN B019545RSG
Amazon product ASIN B01D5H8GYG

It´s hard to build good system with such low budget. You have budget receiver so the SX range speakers likely suit fine. At least the owners seem to like how they sound. 41 reviews most of them 5/5.

The subwoofer is really poor, but that usually goes for all in that price range.

You could build the system slowly. The Klipsches you mention are very popular for movies and music. There is like 10+ reviews and hundred youtube clips on those. Easy to drive also so could work great with your receiver. Then you would add some cheap 60cm tall speaker stands used 20-50€.

Sadly good subwoofer will cost more, but also can make dramatic difference for both movie and music experience.

The latter example would be starting with 2.1 system and then order speaker wire from Amazon.de example as it will most likely cost lot more where you live. The below is very popular OFC and 2,5mm what you want. And also subwoofer cable that won`t cost much.

Amazon product ASIN B019545RSG

Thank you!

My other question is, is this normal when the Azur351R in standby mode a strange noise come out from inside? And when I push ON, the noise goes.
And the other when playing music or etc, so toroid transformator working, a frequential noise come out from toroid transformator? I can hear clearly from 20 centimeter, but can hear front of the AV from 1 meter( but I know what should I hear).

:(

Doesn´t sound normal. :( Hope it isn´t breaking. It`s quite old model and cheapo...

Doesn´t sound normal. :( Hope it isn´t breaking. It`s quite old model and cheapo...

I guessed.

I bought from second hand, one week guarantee. Should I go back?

Maybe I could repair in audio salon, but dunno the price. Maybe 400 Eur. Is it worth it? But There may not be a factory part for repair. 50 Euro just the inspection.

If I bring back this AV.

Pioneer VSX-LX302 would be in party in sound quality with Azur?
(Pros= wifi, BT, more connection, this is second hand too, but there is a factory guarantee yet)

Thank youu

Yes return it. Is there any Yamaha/Denon available within same budget?

If there is none then pick that Pioneer as it has guarantee. The Elite models should be quite good ones and that is certainly more beefier than the CA Azur you have there and with newer features like Atmos/DTS:X etc.

Yes return it. Is there any Yamaha/Denon available within same budget?
Second hand Denon AVR-S750H, avr-x2500h, 460 Euro
yamaha rxv 775 for 290 Euro
Yamaha RX A820 for 355 Euro
Anthem MRX 700 445 Euro
Pioneer VSX-LX302 490 Euro

I dont know

I have spoken an AV service about Azur, they told me, they would did not buy for this price an other AV than Azur. They would trying to find out what is this strange noise, then would repair it?!

They told me , for this price range 250-500 Eur AV's not better than Azur.

So, I dont know

Second hand Denon AVR-S750H, avr-x2500h, 460 Euro
yamaha rxv 775 for 290 Euro
Yamaha RX A820 for 355 Euro
Anthem MRX 700 445 Euro
Pioneer VSX-LX302 490 Euro

I dont know

I have spoken an AV service about Azur, they told me, they would did not buy for this price an other AV than Azur. They would trying to find out what is this strange noise, then would repair it?!

They told me , for this price range 250-500 Eur AV's not better than Azur.

So, I dont know

Nonsense. They want you to spend the money to repair the old model.

Anthem is best from the bunch, but is it too old with connections/features? You also need pc / laptop to tweak the ARC Genesis room correction, but it´s really good too.

Yamaha is typically most reliable, but those models are too old.

X2500H is most newest and similar level to Pioneer LX-302.

Nonsense. They want you to spend the money to repair the old model.

Anthem is best from the bunch, but is it too old with connections/features? You also need pc / laptop to tweak the ARC Genesis room correction, but it´s really good too.

Yamaha is typically most reliable, but those models are too old.

X2500H is most newest and similar level to Pioneer LX-302.

They repaired the Azur. The cost was 45 Euro.

So, should I try the CA SX 5.1 system?

They repaired the Azur. The cost was 45 Euro.

So, should I try the CA SX 5.1 system?
Up to you do you want everything right away or building slowly and getting something better but it will cost more. Shame you can´t listen before buying.

Up to you do you want everything right away or building slowly and getting something better but it will cost more. Shame you can´t listen before buying.
I listened the SX system, with an ELAC2.0 S10.2 sub.

I didnt bought the system.

I would try to build it slowly, and buy the speakers.

My new idea:

Fyne Audio F500 front speakers
or
Klipsch RP600M
for same price at the moment, second hand this two modells

For the Fyne audio, I dont find a second hand for center ( F500C) and surround.. only the new ones.

Klipsch I found RP500C for 340 Euro
Or RP440C 450Euro

And I found the Klipsch SPL-100 about 430Euro
or a Dynaudio Thunder T-12 about 430 Euro same price.

What do you think?

My new idea:

or
Klipsch RP600M

For the Fyne audio, I dont find a second hand for center ( F500C) and surround.. only the new ones.

Klipsch I found RP500C for 340 Euro
Or RP440C 450Euro

And I found the Klipsch SPL-100 about 430Euro
or a Dynaudio Thunder T-12 about 430 Euro same price.

What do you think?

Can you still listen them before pulling plug? RP-600M is one of the most popular pick at least in US for home cinema use. However you would partner the 600M with RP-600C or RP450c if you can find it used. Go as large center channel as possible within same range as it carries most of movies soundtrack (+70%)! Save up and don`t rush buying some small one.

This is the ideal partner as it uses identical drivers:

But these can work fine too, the first one is newer just like 600M is.

For surround channels you can buy the cheaper Reference serie spekers (R41/R51)if you want to save, but do not save on the front three!!

No no no. Not those subwoofers. They are poor! Save up for SVS PB1000 Pro. Or XTZ 12.17 Edge. I would advice against used subwoofer cause the amp can die any day and then it becomes expensive. You want subwoofer from company that is well known from them. If you must buy used then wait until you find some SVS product. You don`t have neighbours so don´t buy some tiny boombox that leaves you cold!

My new idea:

or
Klipsch RP600M
Can you still listen them before pulling plug? RP-600M is one of the most popular pick at least in US for home cinema use. However you would partner the 600M with RP-600C or RP450c if you can find it used. Go as large center channel as possible within same range as it carries most of movies soundtrack (+70%)! Save up and don`t rush buying some small one.

For surround channels you can buy the cheaper Reference serie spekers (R41/R51)if you want to save, but do not save on the front three!!

No no no. Not those subwoofers. They are poor! Save up for SVS PB1000 Pro. Or XTZ 12.17 Edge. I would advice against used subwoofer cause the amp can die any day and then it becomes expensive. You want subwoofer from company that is well known from them. If you must buy used then wait until you find some SVS product. You don`t have neighbours so don´t buy some tiny boombox that leaves you cold!

Yes, I can listen RP-600M. After buying, I should some Stand buy.

The larger speaker for center would be better I think, because, I can only fix to the ceiling, above the 106" canvas. Unter the canvas there is no space, and the canvas is take up too much space.

The Klipsch SPL-100 would be new one.
The Dynaudio Thunder is second hand for this same price.

I heard the Elac Debut 2.0 S10.2 but there is too much port noise ( I clearly hear the wind over the bass). So I searched for not a reflex, that I found the T-12.

Heh. I dont neighbours, but I dont want to destroy my room exactly. :D (plasterboard on the ceiling :D )

Maybe in 3-4 years, I would move my home cinema system to down the cellar(under the house, but at the moment here is no fresh air, just a 16 m2 room for no reason)

My new idea:

or
Klipsch RP600M

Yes, I can listen RP-600M. After buying, I should some Stand buy.

The larger speaker for center would be better I think, because, I can only fix to the ceiling, above the 106" canvas. Unter the canvas there is no space, and the canvas is take up too much space.

The Klipsch SPL-100 would be new one.
The Dynaudio Thunder is second hand for this same price.

I heard the Elac Debut 2.0 S10.2 but there is too much port noise ( I clearly hear the wind over the bass). So I searched for not a reflex, that I found the T-12.

Heh. I dont neighbours, but I dont want to destroy my room exactly. :D (plasterboard on the ceiling :D )

Maybe in 3-4 years, I would move my home cinema system to down the cellar(under the house, but at the moment here is no fresh air, just a 16 m2 room for no reason)

Yes 60cm tall stands for the front main speakers if you choose standmount speakers.

That doesn´t sound good the way you would need to place the center channel. Imagine most stuff coming near ceiling and when the sounds pans it drops to ear level and keeps jumping up/down. My vote would be that you run your system without center channel so 4.1 system. When you set center channel off from Azur 351R menu the information is re-directed to your front mains. Sit middle of your screen, toe in (angle) the speakers toward listeners and you should be ok.

If you go for 4.1 system you will save lot of money which you can either use better main speakers and/or better subwoofer.

If you can listen the Fyne F500 too then do that. Also look if you have Kef Q350 locally available.

The problem with the Debut S10.2 is it´s too small and being ported the port is so tiny and short. This is bad idea. Ported design isn´t issue if it´s done right and the size of box is larger. The Dynavoice is "cheap" brand. There is no data not anything to support buying it. I would steer away and stick with well known companies.

My recommendation would be this if you watch lot of action/scifi/horror movies quite loud and want to experience something verydifferent than with that fart box you heard (Elac).

If you want smaller sealed sub which isn´t going to give you similar impact, but still superb over the ones you posted then SB1000 Pro:

SVS is one of the most known subwoofer manufacturer in the world. You get great build and sound quality, long warranty, great support/service, phone app control. PB1000 Pro model is LOT better than Klipsch SPL-120 which i have owned (sold as R-112SW). Spend bit more now and i guarantee you won´t regret it later.

Don´t be too worried about not having 5.1 as 4.1 with phantom centre can work fine too if you sit middle and play little bit with your main speakers. I think it would be lot better to have the speech coming directly at ear height than from ceiling and bouncing up/down. That would drive me crazy! Tell me your thoughts is this ok?

Yes 60cm tall stands for the front main speakers if you choose standmount speakers.

That doesn´t sound good the way you would need to place the center channel. Imagine most stuff coming near ceiling and when the sounds pans it drops to ear level and keeps jumping up/down. My vote would be that you run your system without center channel so 4.1 system. When you set center channel off from Azur 351R menu the information is re-directed to your front mains. Sit middle of your screen, toe in (angle) the speakers toward listeners and you should be ok.

If you go for 4.1 system you will save lot of money which you can either use better main speakers and/or better subwoofer.

If you can listen the Fyne F500 too then do that. Also look if you have Kef Q350 locally available.

The problem with the Debut S10.2 is it´s too small and being ported the port is so tiny and short. This is bad idea. Ported design isn´t issue if it´s done right and the size of box is larger. The Dynavoice is "cheap" brand. There is no data not anything to support buying it. I would steer away and stick with well known companies.

My recommendation would be this if you watch lot of action/scifi/horror movies quite loud and want to experience something verydifferent than with that fart box you heard (Elac).

If you want smaller sealed sub which isn´t going to give you similar impact, but still superb over the ones you posted then SB1000 Pro:

SVS is one of the most known subwoofer manufacturer in the world. You get great build and sound quality, long warranty, great support/service, phone app control. PB1000 Pro model is LOT better than Klipsch SPL-120 which i have owned (sold as R-112SW). Spend bit more now and i guarantee you won´t regret it later.

Don´t be too worried about not having 5.1 as 4.1 with phantom centre can work fine too if you sit middle and play little bit with your main speakers. I think it would be lot better to have the speech coming directly at ear height than from ceiling and bouncing up/down. That would drive me crazy! Tell me your thoughts is this ok?

Oh, okay. So ceiling not so good.
No problem.
I should buy/build a stand for center. Is this good? Center would be same height as front, and same line.

I cant listen sadly the Fyne Audio F500. :(

Ok, Debut not good also

I found a second hand SVS SB-2000 for 500 Euro.
Is this good? ( I am interested for sealed sub, because in my car I have a sealed Magnat sub, and it is great)

Or I would stay with a new SB1000Pro for 715 Euro?

Oh, okay. So ceiling not so good.
No problem.
I should buy/build a stand for center. Is this good? Center would be same height as front, and same line.

I cant listen sadly the Fyne Audio F500. :(

Ok, Debut not good also

I found a second hand SVS SB-2000 for 500 Euro.
Is this good? ( I am interested for sealed sub, because in my car I have a sealed Magnat sub, and it is great)

Or I would stay with a new SB1000Pro for 715 Euro?

But you said you don´t have space under projector screen? You can`t put it behind the screen unless you have acoustically transparent screen (AT).

Yes SB2000 is good powerfull sealed sub, little bit stronger at deep down vs SB1000 Pro. Does it have any warranty?

PS. What is the max you spend for subwoofer?

But you said you don´t have space under projector screen? You can`t put it behind the screen unless you have acoustically transparent screen (AT).

Yes SB2000 is good powerfull sealed sub, little bit stronger at deep down vs SB1000 Pro. Does it have any warranty?

PS. What is the max you spend for subwoofer?
Not so much space, because the center would in the middle of the room on a stand..
For front this is not problem, because, the room is 4 m width, the screen about 2,5 width so the front is almost next to the left and the right wall. :) The center speaker would stand alone, not so cool, when the screen is up on the ceiling, and one speaker is lonelyness standing :D But if it should, that would be not problem. I could buy or build something stand. But for this huge center, not so easy. :D
The screen bottom is about 75-80 cm height.
So the center's top is maximum 75-80 cm height. So the stand + center's height would be smaller than 80 cm. With this maximal height the speaker would not in the screen.

He didnt replied yet about my question, how old and warranty..

I dont know. I would buy something good for the price, not buying something, that I wanna sell one week later . :) SVS SB2000 is nice to me. Is this not so powerfull for Azur?
But some day, the Azur will gone, and I will step up for higher audiophyle :D But not today.
I wanna front and speaker which clearly nice sound. For me is not important to very loud and destroy the home. I dont wanna shitty crappy box sound.

One day I will check the RP600M.
Cable still amazon DCSk good for this? And for SVS ?

Not so much space, because the center would in the middle of the room on a stand..
For front this is not problem, because, the room is 4 m width, the screen about 2,5 width so the front is almost next to the left and the right wall. :) The center speaker would stand alone, not so cool, when the screen is up on the ceiling, and one speaker is lonelyness standing :D But if it should, that would be not problem. I could buy or build something stand. But for this huge center, not so easy. :D
The screen bottom is about 75-80 cm height.
So the center's top is maximum 75-80 cm height. So the stand + center's height would be smaller than 80 cm. With this maximal height the speaker would not in the screen.

He didnt replied yet about my question, how old and warranty..

I dont know. I would buy something good for the price, not buying something, that I wanna sell one week later . :) SVS SB2000 is nice to me. Is this not so powerfull for Azur?
But some day, the Azur will gone, and I will step up for higher audiophyle :D But not today.
I wanna front and speaker which clearly nice sound. For me is not important to very loud and destroy the home. I dont wanna sh*tty crappy box sound.

One day I will check the RP600M.
Cable still amazon DCSk good for this? And for SVS ?

You can buy some 40-45cm speaker stands like below, check if you have those available locally.
Amazon product ASIN B004X2ZSBM
Amazon product ASIN B0757WWBZX
However i would go for max height. If you can find 50cm stand that is sold alone with large top plate then go for that. If it has spikes then you will get few cm higher.

Klipsch RP-600C is 20,2cm tall so it would be quite close then. This is all assuming you like the Klipsch sound. Hope you can go listen them soon! :) Ask him to play few movies/songs.

Yes Amazon DCSk 2,5mm2 for X meters is good and for sub example Amazon Basic Subwoofer cable 4,7meter or similar that allows you to move the sub if required.

It will sound same as SVS sub cable which cost lot more:

I asked about the max budget cause if you want new sub with 5years warranty and little better performance than SB2000 then you can consider Arendal 1961 1S for 799€. It´s one of the best sealed subwoofer in this price class. Great company with good support/service. The shipping is free to Hungary. 60day buy&try period, returning will cost. So you need to think how old the SVS is, does it have warranty. If something happens then extra cost for repair, with new one you got warranty. This has side firing driver at right side. 550w and 12" driver. Very similar to new SVS SB2000 Pro which costs 1031,50€ in Hungary. Arendal sells these units direct so no middle man. We have lot of owners here and you can find many reviews in the link below.

Yes the Azur is bit old in tooth, but Klipsch speakers are very easy to drive as i said earlier so the system will get loud enough if you go with them. Not sure how effective the setup is with mic. But you got to start from somewhere.

For the surrounds we can look something different later when you have funds. I want to see the rear of your room picture so know what would work best. If you can wall mount speakers then there could be better options, let´s see. But first is important to choose the front three / subwoofer correctly.

"The center speaker would stand alone, not so cool, when the screen is up on the ceiling,"

You going to put the 600M on speaker stands too so there would be three speakers stand alone? If the answer is yes then search some cheap 60cm heigh stands that has top plate size of 165mm width and 200mm depth roughly. Main point is not too small top plate. You probably find used 60cm stands for 50€. Below example:

You can buy some 40-45cm speaker stands like below, check if you have those available locally.
Amazon product ASIN B004X2ZSBM
Amazon product ASIN B0757WWBZX
However i would go for max height. If you can find 50cm stand that is sold alone with large top plate then go for that. If it has spikes then you will get few cm higher.

Klipsch RP-600C is 20,2cm tall so it would be quite close then. This is all assuming you like the Klipsch sound. Hope you can go listen them soon! :) Ask him to play few movies/songs.

Yes Amazon DCSk 2,5mm2 for X meters is good and for sub example Amazon Basic Subwoofer cable 4,7meter or similar that allows you to move the sub if required.

It will sound same as SVS sub cable which cost lot more:

I asked about the max budget cause if you want new sub with 5years warranty and little better performance than SB2000 then you can consider Arendal 1961 1S for 799€. It´s one of the best sealed subwoofer in this price class. Great company with good support/service. The shipping is free to Hungary. 60day buy&try period, returning will cost. So you need to think how old the SVS is, does it have warranty. If something happens then extra cost for repair, with new one you got warranty. This has side firing driver at right side. 550w and 12" driver. Very similar to new SVS SB2000 Pro which costs 1031,50€ in Hungary. Arendal sells these units direct so no middle man. We have lot of owners here and you can find many reviews in the link below.

Yes the Azur is bit old in tooth, but Klipsch speakers are very easy to drive as i said earlier so the system will get loud enough if you go with them. Not sure how effective the setup is with mic. But you got to start from somewhere.

For the surrounds we can look something different later when you have funds. I want to see the rear of your room picture so know what would work best. If you can wall mount speakers then there could be better options, let´s see. But first is important to choose the front three / subwoofer correctly.

"The center speaker would stand alone, not so cool, when the screen is up on the ceiling,"

You going to put the 600M on speaker stands too so there would be three speakers stand alone? If the answer is yes then search some cheap 60cm heigh stands that has top plate size of 165mm width and 200mm depth roughly. Main point is not too small top plate. You probably find used 60cm stands for 50€. Below example:

Ok. I will look after some stands
IMG_20210916_122021.jpg

At the moment Im in a work, so this is the only picture, but only front of screen. I painted the fronts and center. My ear height is same as the center's height.

SVS SB 2000 is kind to me, but so many tests said that can't down enough what the marketing said
Arendalsound quite expensive to me.. :(

Yes, Klipsch would be loud with this sensitivity, but for me the CA SX80 also enough loud.

I dont wanna so loud music or movie, or game. I wanna would rather better sound quality 👌☺️

CA SX80 was not bad, but I think that will be better on market with this price

I think I could check the RP600M on Monday. When I have time to travel and get off my work :(

Ok. I will look after some stands View attachment 1571408

At the moment Im in a work, so this is the only picture, but only front of screen. I painted the fronts and center. My ear height is same as the center's height.

SVS SB 2000 is kind to me, but so many tests said that can't down enough what the marketing said
Arendalsound quite expensive to me.. :(

Yes, Klipsch would be loud with this sensitivity, but for me the CA SX80 also enough loud.

I dont wanna so loud music or movie, or game. I wanna would rather better sound quality 👌☺️

CA SX80 was not bad, but I think that will be better on market with this price

I think I could check the RP600M on Monday. When I have time to travel and get off my work :(

Yes go for stands. 50cm or 60cm high depending your seated ear height, you can measure that the speakers tweeters (high frequency drivers) are at ear height.

Not down enough? It will be huge step up from the toys you have heard. If you want more rumble and strong deep bass (earthquake) shook the room then buy the SVS PB1000 Pro. It will give you most impact! Otherwise SB2000 is good punchy tight sounding sub. Normal person won´t be unsatisfied with it and you don´t have large room either so no problem. My only issue is does it have warranty / how old it is. SVS has very good support/service though so it won`t be never issue getting new amp if something happens. With electronic devices you never know so this applies to every brand.

Yes listen the speakers first before deciding. Reviews can only tell you so much, what you like and me like can be very different so only trust your ears. Play them low, play them loud. Test different music and movie clips so you get the sense of the sound signature. Most people really like them for movies and they aren´t harsh anymore like Klipsch was 10-15 years ago..

Last edited:
Yes go for stands. 50cm or 60cm high depending your seated ear height, you can measure that the speakers tweeters (high frequency drivers) are at ear height.

Not down enough? It will be huge step up from the toys you have heard. If you want more rumble and strong deep bass (earthquake) shook the room then buy the SVS PB1000 Pro. It will give you most impact! Otherwise SB2000 is good punchy tight sounding sub. Normal person won´t be unsatisfied with it and you don´t have large room either so no problem. My only issue is does it have warranty / how old it is. SVS has very good support/service though so it won`t be never issue getting new amp if something happens. With electronic devices you never know so this applies to every brand.

Yes listen the speakers first before deciding. Reviews can only tell you so much, what you like and me like can be very different so only trust your ears. Play them low, play them loud. Test different music and movie clips so you get the sense of the sound signature. Most people really like them for movies and they aren´t harsh anymore like Klipsch was 10-15 years ago..
I bought 4,5 months old RP-600M and Dynaudio Stand 6

I have tested at home with a cheap audio cable, the result not so bright. I find this speakers not enough sub, so I should buy a good sub anyway.

The sounds is really loud, but for me not enough exhaustive. Not enough details in music's.

Maybe the cable, or the AV not enough?

I hoped this Klipsch would be enough clear and detail, but not.

I would try with another cable. Maybe buy a bi-ware cable for future?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom