• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cambridge Audio: Azur 840c - Are they too unreliable?

xsf350

Standard Member
Hi

I am in the market for a mid-range CD Player and was considering the CA Azur 840C. Although the reviews are great there seem to be a lot of problems with faulty gear.

Have things improved or are they still hit and miss? I'd be greatful for any advice.

leedswillprevai

Established Member
Hi the easiest thing to do is purchase it from richer sounds and take out their 5 year extended warranty which is only an additional 10% of the cd players price. I personally don't know of an issues but this would give you peace of mind.

xsf350

Standard Member
Hi the easiest thing to do is purchase it from richer sounds and take out their 5 year extended warranty which is only an additional 10% of the cd players price. I personally don't know of an issues but this would give you peace of mind.

thanls for that. It's the hassle of having to take it back and not having it as much as the peace of mind.

imigix

Established Member
Hi

I am in the market for a mid-range CD Player and was considering the CA Azur 840C. Although the reviews are great there seem to be a lot of problems with faulty gear.

Have things improved or are they still hit and miss? I'd be greatful for any advice.

I have had one for over 12 months in one word super in another perfect

I always take Richer Sounds extra garrantee its such good value

Oldnewt

Novice Member
Hi all, all the best to everyone in 2019!
I have had a couple of problems with my DACMagic-100 with the first about 6 weeks after the warranty expired. This was the common (overheating) failure of the wallwart power supply.
I contacted Cambridge via e-mail and after giving the serial no. received a replacement by return post (48Hrs). However the D-A converter itself threw a wobbler about 8 days (3 hours use with new PSU) after. Now it will not sense USB/Opt inputs and the USB select LED just constantly flashes rapidly. If another source is selected the whole thing goes potty, flashing all LEDs at random or all together. Since purchase a little over 12 months ago (NOV 2017) the device had barely seen 20 hours of use as I work away from home quite a bit, sometimes for 2-3 months at a time. I suspect that the first PSU failure may have contributed to this *secondary* failure. Unfortunately I have no local repair techie to take a peek or carry out a diagnostic check. This does not inspire confidence in a like for like replacement. Now to find a budget replacement!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom