• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD Player

P

PeterBlair

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone here had this CD Player and if so, what they thought of it?

I've currently got a NAD C520, Marantz PM4000 amp and Mission M71 speakers, but lately the NAD has been giving CD read errors and strange scratching noises. It's out of warranty so I think it's time to buy a new CD player.

I bought What Hi-Fi today as I haven't really been following what's new in the world of CD players as I've had this system for about 4 years.

From what I can see the CA Azur 640C got rave reviews across the board when it comes to budget CD players. I basically want something that's tight, well defined, has sharp timing and is as transparent as possible.

That's what I loved about the NAD once it was run in, as at the time a lot of other 'budget' players added a bit too much mid/bass colouration.

I mainly listen to rock/metal/folk with a fair bit of classical thrown in as well.

What do you guys think of the 640C?

Thanks,

Pete

nsherin

Established Member
Haven't heard the 640C player, but I can recommened the C521BEE - having heard a C520 some years before I was ready to buy a CDP and being very impressed with it. If you like the sound of NAD players, then the C521BEE would be an excellent upgrade. Interesting setup you have there - I run my C521BEE with a C320BEE amp and Mission m70 speakers (the smaller siblings of the m71s).

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom