1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio Azur 540R + Yamaha NS-P300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hermeneut, Sep 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hermeneut

hermeneut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So a friend of mine throws a pint of beer into my Yamaha amp, whereupon it burns out completely. I had this amp set up extremely sweetly. He buys me a replacement - I plumb for the Azur 540R because of excellent reviews.

Here's the problem; have wired in my speakers in every possible combination from the Yamaha NS-P300 package. My two fronts and centre work fine, albeit they sound thin as hell, but presumably I can sort this later. There is nothing from my rears. They are dead.

The rear speakers don't have colour-coded leads; instead, they're both brown with one lead having a thin white line; the manual does not indicate which is + and which -. I *think* I've run them through every possible permutation.

The Azur manual, meanwhile, tells me that the red speaker plugs are positive: however, the plugs aren't uniformly red: they're multicoloured. Does this mean that they remain positive?

The impedance of the Yahama speakers is 6ohm. Should be okay - so while I get life in the front of my set-up on dvd optical, every other connection is dead. Indeed, I can't even get the radio to work!!

Any ideas?

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    well the black plugs are negative, the coloured are positive.

the yamaha could of blown the speakers when it blew up. try some other speakers or try the speakers on another amp first.

3. hermeneut

hermeneut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I'd thought that and am having Richer Sounds look at the amp. Interesting that I can get dvd optical on the two fronts, centre and sub (rears dead) but *no* input from the bloody built-in radio, or cd player and digibox connected by phono leads!

WFT?!?!