1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge Audio Azur 540D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MS-Yam, Sep 5, 2004.

1. MS-Yam

Aug 12, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Does anyone own this DVD player and have the same problem as me?

I recently bought The Bourne Identity (with extended version). When playing the extended version, the subtitles dont come up when they should. It's not a faulty disc, as i've just tried it on my PC and it's fine.

Also, I had the same problem with Kill Bill 1.

Another thing with the Cambridge is that when watching something in widescreen, with the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, the picture is not alligned properly! the thickness of the two bars differs! I tried trying to solve this problem by contacting Cambridge Audio via phone and e-mail numerous times. They just completely fobbed me off!! :mad:

If anybody here has this DVD player and either or both of these discs, please try them and let me know if yours is the same.

Despite the raving reviews about the Cambridge stuff, I strongly recommend everybody to choose another make. They are :eek: COMPLETE MUPPETS!!! :eek: