• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cambridge Audio Azur 351R and Subwoofer Voice Hum

TekNick

Novice Member
Hi not sure if anyone can help i brought a Cambridge Audio Azur 351R about 4 months ago but i notice that when ever someone on a TV programme or film with a low voice spoke it hummed on the subwoofer a split second before each word, i have played with the crossover and AV level dials numerous times to no avail. I have ended up turning off the unit now as it has become annoying. Is this a easy problem to solve? (the speaker set is a first generation QAcoustics 5.1)

anTTony

Established Member
I had exactly this issue in my new lounge setup. In the end I used my cinema room equipment and swapped over sub, speakers and amp to try and locate the offending component. It turned out to be the amp! I went back to richer sounds and they swapped it for a yamaha 475 and it sounds so much better!!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom