• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cambridge Audio Azur 340A SE + Sub?

tudj

Established Member
I'm in the market for a new Amp, see thread here.

I have decided on the NAD C315BEE, but today saw a review on What Hi-Fi? What I want to know is, can I connect a Sub to this amp? I can't seem to find a picture of the back and I can't tell by reading spec lists as I'm a Hi-Fi noob.

Thanks for any help.

Tudj.

tudj

Established Member
*bump*

:p

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Most subs have either speaker or line level inputs as options.

Speaker level can be used with any amp (your speaker connections goto the sub and your speakers are connected to the sub.

If your amp has a tape loop then you could use this to feed the line input on a sub.

tudj

Established Member
Most subs have either speaker or line level inputs as options.

Speaker level can be used with any amp (your speaker connections goto the sub and your speakers are connected to the sub.

If your amp has a tape loop then you could use this to feed the line input on a sub.

I see, I'll take a look at the sub and see whats on the back, thanks.

tudj

Established Member
I took a pic on my phone

amp.png

Could someone take the time to explain how I would connect it to the Azur 340A?

Adam Shaw

Established Member
As the 340A does not have pre-outs, I would run speaker cable from the speaker terminals on the 340A to the high level in on the back of the sub, then run speaker cable from the high level out on the sub, to your speakers.

tudj

Established Member
As the 340A does not have pre-outs, I would run speaker cable from the speaker terminals on the 340A to the high level in on the back of the sub, then run speaker cable from the high level out on the sub, to your speakers.

Thanks for the info, are there any advantages/disadvantages in having to use this method instead of the method you would use if the amp had a pre-out?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom