Cambridge Audio AXR100 vs Yamaha R-N303 / R-N402 / R-N602

andreineagu

Novice Member
I’m trying to figure out which stereo receiver should I choose between Cambridge Audio AXR100 and Yamaha R-N303D. I’ll hook it up ocasionally to my TV using digital coaxial connection, but I’ll mainly use it for listening to music. I like the looks and the network/streaming features of Yamaha to be honest but I’m curious if you interacted with one of these models and which one do you recommend?

Also I’m interested in the R-N402 and R-N602. I think N303 is newer model judging by the numbering.

What should I choose?

nabeshima

Standard Member
I can't tell you what to chose but I can tell I am an happy owner of a R-N602 that at the moment satisfies my needs.

It supports quite a lot of channels if you are planning to connect multiple sources and support Bluetooth which I've used just a few times.

I paired the all in device amp+music streamer with Q Acoustics 3050i and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 and I play recordings as well as streaming from Spotify and Tidal.

I am quite happy with the sound combined with the speakers I got and my first upgrade will be focusing on speakers.

The thing I probably like less is the music cast app on my android that sometimes acts funky.
Also noticed that with a latest SW update Spotify does not always recognize the streamer even if turned on and I have to close the app and reopen from musiccast.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom