Cambridge Audio A1 v2 Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GavTNewbie, Feb 21, 2003.

1. GavTNewbie

GavTNewbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Im considering getting a new amp for one of my bedrooms in my house:

The room dimensions are 2.4m by 2.125m, so power output of the amp is not of paramount importance.

Im considering getting the Cambridge Audio A1 v2 + phono stage from Richer Sounds which will set me back £90 (£70 for amp, £20 for phono stage).

Ill connect a Technics CD Player, a Sony Minidisc Player and a Aiwa Record Player to it - so my question is basically, has anyone got any comments on this amp; good or bad or suggestions of other amps for the same price.

I know its an old design, but for the price I think it may be a good deal for what I want it for.

Ill be getting a set of speakers too (most prob from Richer Sounds) in the £40-£50 range, can anyone give me suggestions.

Cheers...

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    Cracking little stereo amp - partner it with Mission 700 speakers or Kef Cresta 1's for a great sound. Deosn't come witha remote if that bothers you? Pick up a copy of latest What Hifi who have an ad in the back for the same amp for £69 - then get your local RS store to price match.:devil:

3. GavTNewbie

GavTNewbie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    cheers for the advice nobber22.

the lack of remote on the amp is not a problem. Ill defintely go for one of the speakers you mentioned below. On another point, Im new to the concept of a separate phono stage - on the RS website, this just looks like a separate board - how do you use this with the amp? Does it go inside the amp?

Ive got latest What Hifi - Richer Sounds will be getting a visit soon :devil: