Cambridge Audio 640C

fotokina

Standard Member
I got Cambridge Audio 640C and B&W 602 S2 speakers, is anybody know which amplifier will match them? Cheers :clap:

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I'm in the market for a cd player at the mo and just wanted to know what your opinion of the 640C is?

broona

Tejstar said:
I'm in the market for a cd player at the mo and just wanted to know what your opinion of the 640C is?

I bought one from the classifieds on here recently (thanks Serpico :smashin: ), and I'm VERY impressed with it, although I haven't compared it to any other players. so I may be biased! It just sounds right, don't know how else to describe it, as I'm certainly no audiophile, but I'd highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

broona

Tejstar said:
Glad you like it, I remember I tried bidding for the same machine :zonked:

You should have been a little quicker, it was well worth it. :p

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Amps that I've used and rated include the Cambridge 640A (obviously), the Marantz PM4400OSE and the PM7200, the NAD C352CT and the Rotel RA-01. With the 602's (which aren't among my faves but have their strengths) the Marantz designs might be worth a look.

fotokina

Standard Member
I got this player for less than 3 months, I'm only using it with my MF X-Can v2 (I must ugrade the tube asap) and beyer DT880, I never try them on my B&W 602 (a gift from a friend). Thanks for Tons of fun, I might go for Marantz's amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom