Cambridge Audio 640A+640C interconnect advise

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Interkot, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Interkot

Interkot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...is needed please.

Is there anybody out there who has some experience interconnecting the
    640A+640C pair? Some advise on any particular brand or general recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

As well as for the speaker cables, I have JMLab 716S and currently use
    a lamp cord, so desparatley been looking for a good speaker bi-wire cable

Should I use spades or bananas by the way?
    Should I use a single strand cable( like those by AudioQuest ) or multiple strands cable?

Thanks

:lease:

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    :hiya: and welcome to the forums

I would take a look in the cable power buys section of the cable froum and look for Mark Grants analogue cables. He sells superb quality cables at :beer: money prices.:smashin:

If you have time some great speaker cable can be made by yourself out of cat5/5e/6 network cable. As network cable is only approx 50 a meter it saves a fortune. I replace my QED silver ani (£5 a metre) with some cat6 cables I made myself and feel they do a better job than the silver ani.:D

If interested I have loads of cat 6 left and can either sell you some or even make you some cable myself for a small fee + costs. PM me if interested. I feel banana's are the easiest to use myself.

3. Mykhailo M

Mykhailo M
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As interconnect cables delivering a very sensitive audio wave stream, I would advise to audition a high quality audio interconnects at your local dealer. Choose in a price range between £300 to £700 and get the pare that make music sound for YOU more involving. In my experience, a good pare or two of interconnects really worth the money as they feed your audio gear. We could change audio components but if you got a good audiophile interconnects you will keep them. I personally use Malbru SILVER interconnects and CX silver version for coaxial and my search is OVER! :) Everything must be auditioned and if possible compared. ;)