Cambridge amp left channel volume issue

mikebez1

Novice Member
My Cambridge amp left channel only works at high volume and occasional at lower volume but seems to increase in loudness. If I fiddle with knob I get get it to play at low volume but is difficult. The other channel is fine. I thought it may be a speaker but in swapping them over it’s the channel. How can I fix this. Please help.
it’s old and I bought it second hand. The sound is great apart from this.

ashenfie

Sound like you need a new volume control.

oscroft

I'd try spraying a bit of contact cleaner inside the volume control pot. Not a lot, just spray a bit and turn it back and forth a couple of dozen times. Then repeat if that doesn't fix it.

Robbalmoral12

Novice Member
My Cambridge amp left channel only works at high volume and occasional at lower volume but seems to increase in loudness. If I fiddle with knob I get get it to play at low volume but is difficult. The other channel is fine. I thought it may be a speaker but in swapping them over it’s the channel. How can I fix this. Please help.
it’s old and I bought it second hand. The sound is great apart from this.
Hi there. I battled with this exact problem for a long time. I eventually diagnosed the fault correctly and replaced the loudspeaker relays.
Not saying that this is the reason for your fault, but it could be. Faulty loudspeaker relays can cause intermittent audio as well as changes in volume. My amplifier is the Cambridge Azur 650a. There are various articles on the internet about loudspeaker relay problems. Hope you sort it out. My amplifier sounds like new again!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom