1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cambridge A5

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by asavage97, Jan 25, 2003.

1. asavage97

asavage97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the Cambridge A5 good as I'm looking for a cheap setup for my room and thought A5 with Mission 771 speakers and my sony CD player I've also got some B&O turn table kicking about (its automatic and slimline) but to use it I'd need the optional phono stage. That sound ok to everybody.

2. chino

chino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first amp was an A5. When I first got it I thought it was pretty good, although as time went by I started to like it less.

I exchanged it for a NAD C320 when richer sounds lost my A5 after sending it away for repair. The NAD amplifier sounds much better, revealing how 'weedy' and 'loose' my A5 sounded.

It also for some reason didn't like being plugged in to my TV, got a nasty buzzing noise. My friends cambridge audio A500 had the same problem.

You might be able to find a C320 (not the new C320 BEE version) for a similar price to the A5 if you search around a bit. I'd start with richer sounds. I think there might be a new version of the A5 out now, not sure what thats like.

Good Luck,

Chino

3. asavage97

asavage97

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think its the new version of the A5 that richer sounds have anyway I'll pay them a visit and get a demo of the A5 probobly with a pair of Mission 701s as I cant really afford 771s.