Quantcast

Cambridge a1 mk1

Bertyboo

Novice Member
I have a cambridge a1 mk1 amp and recently purchased some eltax galaxy floorstanding speakers just wondered will the amp drive them it says 100w sinus power and 200 music power thanks

gibbsy

It will have no problems. Forget the numbers, you'll go deaf long before you blow the speakers.

Bertyboo

Novice Member
I want to connect a graphic equalizer to amp also the amp has a source and tape selector and input sockets at back are line in phono av cd tuner and a tape in and out sockets

gibbsy

Connect the GE to the tape loop.

Bertyboo

Novice Member
Can i still play cd player and tuner when tape loop is selected i tried it earlier without ge and no sound only sound when swith turned onto source

gibbsy

Tape loop is live all the time. It should work even with the CD selected and it is independent of all other inputs. I cannot say 100% as the manual isn't that clear.

Input selector Rotate the input selector switch to select the source component that you wish to listen to. The signal selected is also fed to the TAPE OUT sockets so that it may be recorded. Tape/MD Monitor This control lets you listen to the output signal from a tape recorder or signal processor connected to the amplifier's TAPE IN sockets. When TAPE/MD MONITOR is selected, the source component chosen by the INPUT SELECTOR continues to be routed to the TAPE OUT sockets for recording or processing.

Top Bottom