• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cambridge 540D vs. others

koushikp

Standard Member
Hi,

I stay in India, here the CA 540D costs about 180 GBP. Unfortunately I cant test it before buying...so would be great if u guys can share your opinions..

My requirements are music:movies 50:50, and my total budget is about 200 GBP and I want player to do both the jobs as well as possible (I do understand there will be compromises somewhere), while I am sold out on the CA based on the reviews of it sonic quality, I was wondering how well it compares as far as picture quality goes with some of the cheaper players, the ones in my consideration are:

samsung dvd 1080P7/870 (60-65 GBP)
Philips 5986K
Pioneer 696AV (125 GBP)
CA DVD 99 (GBP 140)
Denon 1740 (GBP 180)

I was thinking whether getting one of the cheaper players with a cheap CD player would be better option, In this case I would be forced to buy the samsung or the Philips with maybe a yamaha CDX396 (130 GBP)

Which one do you guys think is the best option? feel free to suggest other models..

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom