Camberwick Green - Blu-ray release (and DVD) - digitally remastered

Funnily enough I had been looking to pick up the OOP DVDs of this (and Trumpton/Chigley) for my daughter but had been put off by the fact that second hand copies of the box set seem to be going for >£50 on eBay etc.

This is great news and I hope Trumpton and Chigley follow before too long :smashin:

Yup, would also love to see Trumpton and Chigley. :)

Fantastic news. I wonder if the 'Life on Mars' version will be included as an extra?? :D

210mins of CG for £17, I'm in ;)

Did they repeat this in the early eighties? My parents tell me I was a fan but I am not 50 LOL.

Apparently it was still on BBC in the 80's then C4 showed it in the 90's

There was an interview on BBC Breakfast today with the son-in-law (I think) of Gordon Murray and one of the people responsible for the restoration. Unfortunately I only caught a bit of it and BBC Breakfast isn't available on iPlayer. :(

Oooh,

Digitally-remastered Windy Miller! :thumbsup:

Pooch

Hi again,

The Amazon artwork shows this to be the first 13 episodes of the entire "Trumptonshire Saga", that form "Camberwick Green" only. Am I right in saying that although the episodes have been digitally-remastered and transferred into HD, they are all still in their original 4:3 ratios?

Please don't tell me they've done an ITV "Thunderbirds" jobby on this show, and 16:9'd all the episodes. :(

Pooch

Last edited:
Camberwick Green is most definitely 4:3 (I have the recently released DVD and Blu-ray set), so I'd be surprised if they chopped them up for widescreen. In fact, I'd say them being butchered for widescreen is about as likely as Windy Miller being hit by one of the sails on his windmill. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom