• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Calor gas heater problem

morgans

Hi..
I have a Radiant 2.4kwh portable fire for my shed however I need to replace the 3 section mantle.
(I think that's what they are called)
Does anyone know if these items can be had? Looked pretty much everywhere to no avail.
Regards

Last edited:

raduv1

Distinguished Member
I doubt that you would be able to find parts available now for these. Might be better to find a replacement or for parts on auction sites. I used to work for Calor Eng, you could try serching Valour or Cavagna for parts to see what comes up.

IronGiant

Do you mean something like this:
northstar-mantle.png

This is for a light BTW, I'm just trying to figure out if we're talking about the same thing.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Not what I'm thinking of , not actually sure what that is :D. 3 section Mantle to me would be the ceramic element of the fire.

GaseousClay

Distinguished Member
@morgans Those radiants on ebay look like mains gas fire parts not calor gas. Proceed with caution. Personally I wouldn't be replacing parts as a diy job. I believe "Gas Safe" applies to portable appliances too.

IronGiant

Agreed, they were for "illustration purposes only"

IronGiant

You can still buy 4.2kW radiant heaters, I'd contact the Calor shop and ask if they do spares or can recommend a local repair shop : Calor help and advice

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Cool, or should that be "hot" :clap:

Would seem funny in this modern age but when we moved into our first home we used a couple of Calor portables for our heating. Fires were cheap purchased through calor and bottles were 40 or 50p a time . Ridiculous situation now I give you . Best Company i ever worked for .

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom