• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Calls from USA to UK

rikerboy

Standard Member
Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but here go's.

I currently have an iPhone 3GS on a Vodafone contract.

In September/October my wife and i will be travelling around New England, USA for just over 3 weeks. My question is what would be the cheapest way to call the UK from the USA? Unfortunatley the USA is not on the Vodafone passport list. I know a little about Skype but would prefer to use my phone and not a laptop.

Also what phone settings will i need to use so that i do not return home to a monster phone bill?

Thanks in advance!

GD2004

Standard Member
Unlock the phone, I think Vodaphone do this for a charge. Use a US Sim Card for iPhone. I travel often to NY state and use Mr. Simcard www.mrsimcard.com +1-703-953-2272
You can buy a sim card for the iPhone use in USA from T-Mobile. You can add credit for cheap calls to the UK. This would be a cheaper option than roaming charges. They can send the sim to you in UK and will activate it to be ready for when you arrive in US.:D

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Hi

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but here go's.

I currently have an iPhone 3GS on a Vodafone contract.

In September/October my wife and i will be travelling around New England, USA for just over 3 weeks. My question is what would be the cheapest way to call the UK from the USA? Unfortunatley the USA is not on the Vodafone passport list. I know a little about Skype but would prefer to use my phone and not a laptop.

Also what phone settings will i need to use so that i do not return home to a monster phone bill?

Thanks in advance!

Why not use Skype for iPhone? That's what I use for calling home from Vegas....

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom