Calls For Youth PCC To Quit After Homophobic Tweets

Yes - too young.

... And mummy was with her to help answer the media questions!

:)

Not much to say really except perhaps 17 is a bit young to enter the world of politics.
Too young, and too stupid, it would seem, in this case. And what on earth is that role for anyway? It was an ill-conceived role from the beginning. Like one stupid twitter kid can represent the views of an entire nation! Madness.

I remember the BBC doing an informal poll of young people on whether they thought 16 year-olds should be given the vote (given that they can work, etc). All credit to the kids for looking at themselves, and at their peers, and largely voting "No".

I don't think she's homophobic but obviously it's wrong to use those words in any, particularly an insulting, context.

I'm surprised she was selected for the role. I'd have imagined the position would go to someone who was quite, well, nerdy. She seems like the typical product of a BBC Three documentary.

The thinking is probably that a nerdy responsible kid probably isn't very representative of, or in touch with, the more disruptive elements of that generation. One of the problems with the role itself, IMO.

far too immature and stupid She has an attitude problem not befitting the role she has taken on

Keith Vaz is deeply shocked, that's all that matters...obviously leads a sheltered life....:eek:

Homo = "same" as in "homosexual" = "same sex".
Phobia= "fear" as in "agorophobia" = "fear of open spaces".
So she has a fear of something that's the same.:confused:
Anyway, she shouldn't be in this non-job, and the stupid PCC should never have invented the non-job.

Homo = "same" as in "homosexual" = "same sex".
Phobia= "fear" as in "agorophobia" = "fear of open spaces".
So she has a fear of something that's the same.:confused:

Phobia can also mean aversion to something.

If we broke down every word as clinically as this, we'd barely get beyond the first sentence of the day.

Of course the last time someone called me a fag I fretted as to whether to categorise them using the Greek or Latin origins.

Of course the last time someone called me a fag I fretted as to whether to categorise them using the Greek or Latin origins.

Would that be Greek = back-handed slap and Latin = closed fist?

I haven't 'categorised' anyone for a long time!

:D

She gets £15k a year for this 'job'. The twitter remarks were made when she was 14. What a foulmouthed little girl she was.

Who invented this 'job' for her. Yet more politicians trying to show just how much in touch with the young plebeians they are (not).

The poor girl has got into a spot of bother because the media have dragged up some completely innocent tweets she wrote in the long distant past, and have taken totally out of context her tweet when she told everyone to "**** Off you're all a lot of ******* Pikeys !!!"

For goodness sake she was 16 years old when she wrote that light-hearted tweet, that was so long ago she prob...oh wait a second, it was last year !!?? And she stopped doing it when she was being head-hunted to give her views on yoof for the nation. :blush:

It is too, too funny. I laughed and laughed.

Silly girl. Of course, if you said that to her she'd be shooting her potty mouth off demanding 'compo' for being 'disrespected'.

Tells you so much about Broken Britain

...and this having a Police Commissoner farce which hardly anyone bothered voting for, couldn't care less about because IT'S A NON-JOB ! is presumably yet another ludicrous waste of time foisted on us by the Liberals like mucking about with voting for MPs and House of Lords reform which nobody could get any enthusiasm for either because we're in the middle of a recession.

Does Clegg ever push a policy which has the support of anyone other than a load of bearded sandle-wearing bores !

It was a Conservative Party policy too. It's in their 2010 manifesto.

Trouble is that it attracts the usual busy-body know nothings that usually become local councillors, magistrates, quangocrats and politicians.

It was a Conservative Party policy too. It's in their 2010 manifesto.

Trouble is that it attracts the usual busy-body know nothings that usually become local councillors, magistrates, quangocrats and politicians.

But aren't these the type of people who should do the job? It's like we complain that politics attracts career politicians. Well, why not? While outside experience should always be in the mix knowledge of how Westminster works is fairly important for an MP. Similarly knowledge, experience and an understanding of how local government and the police work is also very useful.

You don't know that unless you're one of the 'busybodies' unfortunately. I'd rather have a bureaucratic pen pusher who had knowledge of the field than a 'maverick' outsider who wanted something different on their CV.

I saw this 'thing' on Sky News the other day. Completely inappropriate for such a position.

Plz?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom