Callout Charge Waived...But

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by DMB1, Jan 1, 2012.

1. DMB1

DMB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    My 2.5 year old Samsung HD box is on the brink along with my 4 year old sky + pace box, so rang up sky today and they tried to charge me £65 for a service call out, I got through to retentions and the charge was dropped.

But what I was wondering what boxes will they replace my old ones with? Do they still have refurbished 160gb HD boxes and refurbished white sky + boxes.

One more thing I enquired about the 1.5 tb box and the best they could offer me was £164 and that was retentions. Reading the forums do people really get them for a lot cheaper than this?

Thanks Mark...

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    You say "reading the forums", but you haven't read very far in this one Mark!
    There are many posts from people who've had much better deals than that.
    Here are two threads, just a few down from this one, entirely on the subject:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/1452677-replacement-pvrs-supplied-sky-request.html
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-hd-sky-3d/1452676-replacement-pvrs-offered-sky-get-anytime.html
    As you'll see the question about the replacement won't arise - they only have the one model, with two drive sizes,

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  3. DMB1

DMB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I have read both of those threads logicel. What I meant was, are people actually telling the truth? the two sky advisors I spoke to, basically laughed at me saying that various people have got the 1.5tb box at prices ranging from free-£49. They were also very happy for me to cancel if I wasn't happy with it

Also in regards to my question about the replacement box I understand there is only two boxes being made currently. What i didn't know was whether they still had refurbished 160gb boxes for cases like my own.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
  4. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    Refurbished boxes of all models (except Thomson HD boxes) are used for service visits. What you are referring to is "new installs"

5. holiday

holiday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    You should not get refurbished boxes and they are not allowed to take away your box as you own the box.

You should email JD's Team and explain to them what has happened.

I did the same thing and I had mixed messages as well and they offered me a brand new install for the 500gb or pay £49 for the 1.5tb box. email him now.

I guarantee you will get one of those deals.

6. DMB1

DMB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I don't really have time to wait though, as the call out is for Friday morning, how long does it take for JD's team to reply to an email?

What should I include in the email?

7. holiday

holiday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    they will ring you within the day... i sent out an email in the morning and call in the evening

8. holiday

holiday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Dear Mr Darroch

My name is XXXXand I am a subscribing to Sky Sports and Entertainment Extra. Currently I am have a Sky+HD box and suddenly I am having numerous problems with my television services as there is picture break up and sound break ups. Your technical team have resolved the issue previously but it is happening more often.

Therefore your your technical team have given me the opportunity to have a free service call on Wednesday 14th December 2011. The agent who I was discussing my problems with was not very helpful, as she said to me that she was not certain that if I was getting a brand new replacement or a refurbished Sky+HD box. Can you please inform me via email as I am unable to speak to you on the phone as I have meetings all day until 5.30 this evening to inform me if it is a brand new box or refurbished box. The reason I am asking you this is because I have been a customer since 2006 and having Sky+HD services in 2008 therefore I believe to expect a brand new box not like a refurbished box as I am out of warranty.

Like your slogan has informed your customers to believe in better I believe this is the opportunity to make your slogan come true and provide me with a brand new box not a refurbished box as I want to believe in better.

My contact details are:

Mobile Number: XXXX

Email Address: XXX

Sky Digital Account Number: XXXX

I hope to speak to you soon in regards to this.

Best wishes,

XXXX

Sent from my iPhone.

there is your template

DearXXX
    I would like to confirm as per our telephone conversation that I have arranged for a 1TB box for 49.00GBP to be installed by the special heights team on the 14/12/11.
    I would also like to add that your current box will be left for you as you have had this box for over 12 months this is your equipment to keep.
    I hope this email confirms the matter for you,
    Kind Regards

Executive Support Team

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
  9. DMB1

DMB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Thank you very much Holiday, these responses are exactly what makes this forum brilliantly.

Mark...

I will let you know how I get on. :thumbsup:

10. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    I wouldn't want to question the veracity of any AVF member, and certainly not of so many posters in both threads - besides which I've had one of the deals myself!:)
    It's rare for any two Sky agents to say the same thing about anything, and I avoid speaking to any, by using instead the e-mail form at MySky, and the complaints form if necessary. Only after those fail, which doesn't often happen, do you need to go to the length of e-mailing J Darroch's office, and even then you don't need to go into much detail. Those two agents probably were genuinely unaware that the kind of deals you wanted are actually being given all the time. There's one Sky PVR, formerly called Amstrad, now simply Sky, in two versions, one with a 500gB drive, one with a 1.5tB. There may be old machines of one kind or another still around somewhere but there's no reason whatever why any subscriber would accept anything other than the current one.

11. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    Absolute rubbish - the terms and conditions for service visits specify that the replacement receiver is on an exchange basis and may well be refurbished. Instead of taking your box away for repair and returning it, Sky operate their repair scheme by exchanging your box for an already refurbished one - the box may well be your property but your being given a supposedly already repaired box in exchange for it.

What you continue to falsely post as the correct process is only what happens when you deal with JDs dept.

12. holiday

holiday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    why go through emails and emailing through mysky

13. holiday

holiday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thats only within warranty equipment not out of warranty.

14. DMB1

DMB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I think i'll go down the route of trying to contact JD, as I want the guarantee of either a new 500gb for free or to pay 49 for the 1.5tb box.

Cheers for the reply Logicel.

15. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,327
    If that was in reply to my post - it is not it is the terms and conditions for standard service visits on "out of warranty" systems.

16. holiday

holiday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    So I guess JD are bending the rules then

17. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    That's OK DMB1 though imho you're not at the jd stage yet - the other ways of asking could easily produce a result.

holiday: I was giving my personal recommendation, not to speak to Sky agents on the phone but to do everything with Sky in writing. I find that you are more likely to get consistent results that way, as no two agents are likely to say the same thing on the phone! The important thing to remember in all of this is that there are no clear-cut rules. As dm2 says it's not definite that "you should not get refurbished boxes and they are not allowed to take away your box as you own the box". On the other hand, although Sky said that in your case "your current box will be left for you as you have had this box for over 12 months this is your equipment to keep", it's not a rule, for everyone.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  18. DMB1

DMB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Logiciel I decided to go down your route of using the email form on my sky and this was the reply I recieved this morning -

"Thank you for your email about the offers available for our loyal customer like you to add 1 TB Sky+ HD box.

I'm glad to know that you wish to add a 1 TB Sky+ HD box to your account.
    Our agreement with you is to provide viewing services of your chosen viewing option and this we have done. Sky does make available promotional offers to new and past customers. However, long-standing active customers are also invited to upgrade their viewing option from time to time in response to promotional marketing mailings.
    I do not consider our policy to be unusual in comparison to many major service providers. Our aim is not only to provide excellent viewing services to our customers, but also to ensure that new business continues to be improved.
    Due to our promotional offers changing so frequently and being more tailored to what packages and products you select, the best way for you to get the most up to date information would be to check out our website at the following link:Sky Customer offers - Great deals on Sky Digital TV - Upgrade online

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our Sales team on 08442 41 10 25, where one of our advisors will be happy to help."

Sent one to complaints and got the exact same message back a few minutes ago.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  19. holiday

holiday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    did you also send it JD's team or not..

20. DMB1

DMB1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I did at 11.30 am today but have heard nothing back as of yet. I dont know if I have worded it properly though, this is what I sent :

Dear Mr Darroch

My name is xxxx and I am a long term subscriber to Sky's full package including multi room, sky talk and broadband. The reason i'm contacting yourself is down to the problems i'm currently experiencing with my 2.5 year old Sky+HD box. I have contacted sky advisors both by over the phone and through email, and the conclusion has been very unsatisfactory.

Your technical team have given me the opportunity to have a free service call on Friday 6th January 2012, to look at my sky + box and also look at the issues with my HD box. The agent who I was discussing my problems with was not very helpful, as she said to me that she was not certain that if I was getting a brand new replacement or a refurbished box(es).
    During the conversation I enquired about the 1.5tb box due to my problems with my current equipment and the price of it. The prices i've been given are extortionate considering I know people who have got their 1.5tb box for £49 with self install, customers who don't even pay as much as myself per month or been with Sky as long as myself. When I mentioned this to the sky advisor I was in other words called a liar and was told there would be no movement on the £164 price and you can cancel if you wish. At this moment in my time i'm considering my position with sky and really giving thought to leaving.

My contact details are:

Mobile Number: xxxxxx

Email Address: xxxxxx

Sky Account Number: xxxx

I hope to hear from you soon in regards to this.

Best wishes

21. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    They replied too quickly this time, DMB1!
    The agents were obviously in a couldn't care less mode after the weekend and just sent a standard reply instead of a genuine one.
    Unfortunately it IS time now to e-mail J D, keeping it fairly mild, without a lot of detail, but mentioning all the successes in out threads if you want.
    If all fails at this stage, it will be worth waiting for another try in a couple of weeks time.