1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calliope impedance

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by laalves, Mar 17, 2005.

1. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    According to TAG's data, the Calliopes bookshelvers have 6 ohm nominal impedance and the bass modules 4 ohm. What about them both combined????

Or am I reading the specs wrong and when they say 4 ohm in the bass module manual they mean the complete set, instead of simply the bass module?

Luis

2. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Nobody replied to this.... Oh well, my new Calliopes are here and: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

They are VERY good to my ears. These are VERY VERY good and I love my purchase!!!!! Boy what a major improvement over my Monitor Audios.....

The bass is just a joy to enjoy! :thumbsup:

If someone here didn´t get a pair, inc. bass modules do so!

They also make me wonder where did they put the active sub.......

Wow..........

TMA's demise had a very good thing for me, in that this way I managed to afford this beautiful sound I have now (in total, it'll come to aprox 9,000£, where previously it would have been 30,000£!).

After the new 250x3 and 100x5 arrive from Sevenoaks, I'll have only three upgrades left to go to: a SME IV and a Kontrapunkt b and, of course the DP...... All for a year from now.

Luis

3. Sheepman

Sheepman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ... thought you might like them...now for the bad bit. After the initial wow-and-double-wow, they will go flat. very flat for quite a long time - something like 150+ hours whilst everything settles in....then, play a movie with a good strong bass - some cheesy dumb action movie like the Day After Tomorrow or the Matrix and enjoy !

sheep in the long grass.

4. laalves

laalves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    That's bad news indeed..... But I had heard of it previously.... oh well...

BTW, Matrix is NOT a dumb action movie. Is THEE action movie! My favourite action movie indeed......

On the other hand, The Independence Day easily qualifies for "Worst of Worst of All Time", together with "Armagedon". To this day, I regret the money I spent on that ticket (only saw Ind. Day on a theatre, Arm. only got to see on the telly)

Luis

5. Dr Udo Zucker

Dr Udo Zucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Luis, the impedance figure is for the speaker combination.