Question Calling Vodafone UK - Galaxy S7 Owners - Wi-Fi Calling

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by vipergrm, Dec 2, 2016.

1. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    Hi folks,

Has anyone with a Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge got Wi-Fi calling working successfully over Vodafone UK? I'm having terrible trouble getting mine to work. After numerous calls/chats to Vodafone they assure me that the feature is active from their end but I still can't get it to work.

I purchased the phone separately from Vodafone but I have seen that many other people have also done this and Wi-Fi calling is working for them without issue.

My phone model is Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

If anyone has the time, would you minding typing into the dialler *#1234# and advising the output? I downloaded the latest Vodafone UK firmware and copied to my phone using Odin so the firmware I have should be compatible. Yes, I have also ensure Wi-Fi calling is enabled on the phone. :D

Really appreciate any help. Thanks all!

2. Wronghole

Wronghole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    hello

I'm on Vodafone sim only and bought S7E simfree from Samsung I had wifi calling in call settings but couldn't get it to work

Been on nougat beta since release and the option for WiFi calling is gone

3. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,990
    Enabled it on my phone and it seems to be working though not needed it yet.

On a separate note does anyone know if vodafone wifi calling works abroad? Been onto to CS and they seem to say yes calls will come out my allowance but other places say no? What do you make of the T&C? Going on holiday soon so thought this may be ideal.

Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 18.33.49.png
    Thanks.

4. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +591
    @True Romance if that's what it says in the terms and CS told you so then there's no reason why it shouldn't work. You would need to force WiFi calling though. The only way I know of doing that is to engage Flight Mode and then turn on WiFi. This will keep the the network switched off.

You could also probably upgrade to Vodafone Red for a month and then just use calls as part of your normal allowance without worrying about data and charges. Not sure if it is possible to do this for a month though.

5. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,990
    Already on Red but it doesn't covers where we're going (far east). My plan was as you said turn off network but leave wifi on.

*edit* just installed TU GO from 02 (Mrs is with them) as this does confirm calls come out your allowance when abroad and can be installed on 10 different devices.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017