1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling The Ritz and Calibos

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Adrenochrome, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Seeing as you guys are regarded as the experts on the ae100 i thought i would ask for your help in this matter:) .

I have an ae100 that i shall be sitting 10 feet away from so with this in mind i have ordered a 72" wide screen (i'm using blackout material atm).

I have marked out on the blackout material the size of the screen i have ordered and tried manually to get the picture to fit this size to see how far from the screen i'll have to mount the projector.

The distance i get is 3.3m but on projector centrals distance calculator when i type in screen width of 1.83m it says distance from screen should be 2.5m - 3.1m :confused: .

Am i doing something wrong?

Regards

Adrenochrome.

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Adrenochrome,

Take a look athe name on the sticky at the top of the forum !!!!

Very glad to offer any advice, but Kramer (one of the earliest AE100 adopters) is the guy who's been in the guts of an AE100 (and a HS10, for Gawds sake!!) and there's plenty other guys here with much more experience than me!!!!

Anyhow - afaik, the throw distance calculator on projector central is known to be not completely accurate - the route you're taking to locate the projector sounds like ideal, cause you can see the size of the image you'll end up with. Try to locate using minimum zoom, no keystone, if your setup can accomodate it. If it can't don't worry about it.

All the best,

Sean G.

Sean G.

3. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Sean thanks for the reply,

One other thing i meant to ask was where can you buy a longer power cable for ceiling mounting the projector?

The top of my picture is going to be 13 inches below ceiling height does it follow that i'll need to suspend pj 13 inches from ceiling to prevent keystone?

Sorry to ask questions you can probably answer in your sleep i'm afraid i'm just not grasping it:suicide:

Regards

Adrenochrome.

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi again,

Don't know about a longer power lead - have a look here for a cheap replacement - you could "graft" a longer cable to this - use decent quality mains in-line connectors ( the kind of connectors used for connecting the power leads on electric lawn mowers etc.), if you don't want to butcher the one that came with the projector.

The AE100 would have to be about 4" lower than the top of the screen - to check exactly, set up the projector with no keystone at the distance required on a coffee table/similar (even pointing at a wall will do), measure the distance between the floor and the centre of the lens, and measure the distance between the floor and the bottom edge of the image - you should find that the distance from the floor to the bottom edge of the picture is about 4" (or a little more, can't remember exactly) less than the distance between the PJ and the floor. When you've identified the difference, you should add this amount to the distance between the ceiling and the top of the screen to find the distance between the ceiling and the position of the lens of the PJ. Hope this is clear - dead easy to show, not quite so easy to explain in words !!

BTW, I'm deffo not being ar$ey or anything, but there's a link in the FAQ (sticky at top of page) to a thread about setting up a screen where you might find I've explained this in better detail (just remebered now!! - :blush: here's the link.

All the best,

Sean.

5. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Sean :smashin:

Adrenochrome.