1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling Sony NWHD5 Owners: Quick Question re: AC Power adaptor Socket Cover

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Paul Cooksley, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi there

Just got a Sony NWHD5 today....

I noticed the little slider thing that covers the ac power jack is incredibly flimsy looking ...

Can anyone please tell me: When you slide this out, should it be held on by only one little plastic strip? Mines only got one plastic strip holding it in place and I wonder if it was supposed to have two, so you slide it out and it stays in place better???

Also: With the supplied headset, is one ear at the lead join longer than the other??? It is with mine !!!!

Any help really appreciated

Thanks

Paul

PS - I guess you have to charge it up fully before using it for the first time???

Thanks

2. AlexGarfield

AlexGarfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup thats how the flap is supposed to be, don't worry though ive sat on it when it was open, and i havent heard of it breaking on anyones nw-hd5

You should charge it all the way

3. JoachimF

JoachimF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some earplugs are =) The left ear is supposed to be as usual, while the right ear's cable is a bit longer for it to go behind the neck. That's all there's to it. :)

4. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When will people stop whining and worrying about this?

Once and for all:

THE HD5 USB/AC COVER IS ATTACHED BY *ONE* PLASTIC STRAP.

IT *SEEMS* FLIMSY.

IT IS *NOT*.

*NOBODY* HAS *EVER* REPORTED A BROKEN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we clear yet?

Anyone who's been here for a while should know this. And if not, somehow, there is a handy SEARCH feature for these forums.

5. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine's fine too. I wouldn't fiddle around with it too much though (the slider cover) - that's bound to make it fall off... :rolleyes:

6. paulrwebster

paulrwebster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Don't you just hate it when some condescending twit comes up with the "I've read all the answers on this site so why didn't you do a search before you asked" line. Pathetic!

7. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Yep. We are all here to share knowledge. If somebody needs to know what an AA battery is, I have no problem answering.

DrMoze, if you do like the question somebody is asking, just don't answer. All you do by flaming people is get others backs up.

8. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    Agreed. Whilst it can get annoying sometimes having to type the same answers in for lots of different people, we have all done it ourselves and we should be courteous to others. In the past I've searched for stuff and come up blank, only for someone to point me in the direction of an existing thread, so let's not have any rudeness please :)

9. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK, but at least I did answer the question as well. And for the record, I always search topics a bit before asking for help here. Searching the forum IS something that should be encouraged IMO.

I would think anyone who has been here a while would do so as well, and am surprised that anyone interested in an HD5 hasn't seen the "flimsy usb cover" issue before.

I'll behave now. :oops:

But are Mr Webster's "condescending twit" remarks (which I assume is something derogatory) considered acceptable here? That post had zilcho content. Mine at least answered the question quite thoroughly...

10. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    Agreed, they should be encouraged. Nicely.

Your post was all in capitals. On forums, that's shouting. Followed by what I see as a fairly sarcastic 'Are we clear yet'.

2 Wrongs don't make a right in my opinion. But yes, condescending twit is a bit harsh. But as I said, answers like yours get peoples backs up.

11. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ihihih...funny. You really can't escape real life and human nature :devil: , even on the internet. You guys noticed how fast things derailed into an argument?

12. junglebass

junglebass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol
    i accidently bend my usb cover badly, thought it would crack off but no, its still there

13. carolo

carolo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone seen Sony,s new NW-A3000-designed to replace the HD-5?

Anyone think us HD-5 owners could uninstall the present HD-5 program from our players and replacewith the new intuitive NW-A3000 software?

I don,t see why not-we have the correct no of buttons-but just in different places!