1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling Roland... Is anybody home?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by larsan, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larsan

larsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering, since I see some ghosting in my image if I must use the interface that came with my 1209 or if I can use a HD15-RGBHV cable directly from the PC to the PJ...
    Using Powerstrip ofcourse...

I'm going about to buy some new cables and don't want to buy something I cannot use.

P.S How 'bout that decoder board... ;)

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi larson
    Here in body but the brain is definitly somewhere else.

Any chance of a picture of this ghosting as this can often be caused by a number of things.

Is it an ehanced edge to charatures or streaking apearing afterwards?

Your 1209 will be expecting negative syncs so provided you can set the graphics card to out put that there is no reason why you can't connect direct.

The advantage of an interface box is that it lifts the signals to make it suitable for long runs of cable.

A few things to try to see if the ghosting disapears.

In the Geometry menu try shifting the H Phase adjustment back and forth to see if that changes any thing.

In the Picture Tuning (adjustment menu) Peaking should be turned off (causes edge enhancement).

Whilst in that menu try setting the Sync setting to restoration to see if that affects the picture.

Sorry about the decoder board. I'll dig one out.

3. larsan

larsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roland.

I do not know if this is streaking but what I see is this:
    If I set a dark grey background, the background is darker after an icon, i.e. I got an icon in the left corner. To the left of that is the original grey color, but all the way from the icon to the right edge is a darker color... Don't know if you can make anything out of that.

With PowerStrip and a Radeon, negative sync should not be a problem. But it sounds to me that I should continue using the interface? Unfortunately I have just found an issue with it.
    If I move it around, tap it or move the cable going to the sub monitor, I get som sort of color distortion. Image goes from normal to greenish tint to purple tint and if I'm lucky, I get the correct color again. Is this cause from some kind of corrosion somewhere in the interface?

I'll try the adjustments you mentioned, although I do not recognize some of those options.

All the best to you

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Get rid of the interface first. (sould like it is trying to recreate a 70's disco effect)

What you have discribed points more to a lack of bandwidth (ie amount of information that can be passed.

Does the interface have a phase control? this could be fighting the same setting on the projector. set it to it's mid possition or off if is possible.

Try the direct cable with negative syncs.

I forget what resoloution you are running but try setting PC resolution to about 1024x768.

5. larsan

larsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again.

The interface is a standard Barco HD15-RGBHV interface with a sub monitor out.

It only has red, green and blue gain adj.
    I have all the resolution "pins" on the interface in the top position to let the PJ interpret the signal. This setting was recommended to me by the Barco tech that did my initial setup. He is unforunately a pain to get a hold of =(

Current resolution is 1024x768@75Hz/72Hz dep. on Pal/Ntsc
    Have tried 800x600 and 1440x960
    Same results there.

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    So long as the interface is one of the later plastic bodied units it will be fine for band width.

I'll bet money the problem with the colours is the adj pots them selves. I can't remeber the value of those pots but it would be worth changing them out for two fixed resistors to give you the mid position. then use the internal adjustments on the PJ do colour.

But try without the interface next.

7. larsan

larsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do!

Thanks!

8. larsan

larsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK.

Tried without the interface. Unfortunately the shadow thingie is still there. :(

But it is sharper than before...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.