Calling PV500 owners - is it better?

G

georgeruff25

MARC777.

HD READY JUST MEANS THAT THE DISPLAY HAS A MINIMUM OF 720 LINES HORIZONTALLY. CAN DISPLAY SIGNALS THAT ARE 720P OR 1080i. AND HAS A DIGITAL CONNECTION EITHER HDMI OR DVI.
THE PV500 HAS 1024*768 RESOLUTION.
TRUE HD IS 1080*1920 RESOLUTION (HD PROGRESSIVE PICTURE SCANNING HAS 720*1080, AND INTERLACED PICTURE SCANNING IS 1080*1920). SINCE HD MUST BE CAPABLE OF PLAYING BOTH INTERLACED AND PROGRESSIVE PICTURE SCANNING THE SCREEN SHOULD HAVE 1080*1920 TO BE TRUE HD- OR DOWN SCALING IS INVOLVED.

ALSO THERE IS A LOT MORE THAN RESOLUTION TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT IN TERMS OF PICTURE QUALITY. SUCH AS SUB PIXEL CONTROL FOR CONTOUR CORRCTION, COLOUR MANAGMENT SYSTEM, CONTRAST RATIO, MOTION PICTURE RESPONSE TIME (HOW QUICKLY IT CAN GENERATE A PIXEL), MOTION PICTURE NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY, ETC.

tHE 500 SERIES FROM PANNY IS THE BUSINESS AT ALL OF THESE. IT DESTROYS THE COMPETITION. HANDS DOWN.

L

Lionheart

One question Ultrap....who says what is the minimum HD resolution anyway....is there some wise all knowing Guru who comtemplates such things then tells a select few or is it written in some electronic bible...Im not saying you are right or wrong but it would be nice to see some authorative and if possible official statement as to what is considered true HD

S

Sharpy14

Ultrap,

The thread you refer to ran to over 100 posts and had to be closed down as it was going in ever decreasing circles, making the same argument that you are.

Lets hope this thread does not deteriorate in the same way. :)

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Sharpy14 said:
Ultrap,

The thread you refer to ran to over 100 posts and had to be closed down as it was going in ever decreasing circles, making the same argument that you are.

Lets hope this thread does not deteriorate in the same way. :)

Well said sharpy14,

Why does everyone have top be so serious about everything, pixel this and 1024 that. The point is the picture is fantastic so enjoy it...i have just took delivery of pv500 older brother (PHD8) and will be setting up at the weekend (my first plasma ). (took advantage of avsales recent price drop. Sure i could wait for a 1920 x 1080 screen next year, but you could be waiting for
"the next best thing" as many have said, until kingdom come.

just need a ps3 and the circle will be complete! :clap:

Kevo

Then it's a good job the human eye doesn't detect much difference in teh vertical than it does in the horizontal, which is why thet have been getting away with stretching 4:3 resolutions to produce a 16:9 aspect ratio for DTV/DVDs in the past several years.

Kevo

brownieeyes said:
Why does everyone have top be so serious about everything, pixel this and 1024 that.
Good call brownieeyes :smashin:

Probably one of the best statements I have read on this forum for a long time. It's gone way beyond the usual 'techie spiel' lately, to the point of the absurd in some other threads.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom