1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Calling Pioneer ns DV990 owners***

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Armalig, May 27, 2004.

1. Armalig

Armalig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anybody there?!!! :clap:

There has to be someone who can advise on this great looking system.

NXT speaker sound etc?

Thinking of this or was advised that Panasonic are bringing out a stylish replacement for scht900 .--the scht 870. -packed with tons of power 1000W? and all for under 400 quid??

Get typing AVers!

2. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
  3. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    :hiya:
    Posted this a while back,

Have had this little puppy installed for over a month now..
    Have been listening to H/Cinema since 91, first amp was a Yammy DSP A500 and since then I have been looking for home cinema nirvana.. I have had a plethora of kit over the years but nothing gave me the punch I was looking for.. that was untill this little beauty arrived.. it is a pain to set up, took nearly 2-3 hours to set up, but boy was it worth it.. DD and DTS are solid, and is what you would expect.. however the real suprise for me was the pro-logic setting. its the best I have heard in a long long time and has given new life to my video collection.. Im not convinced by DPLII so the jury is still out on that one.. there are other DSP settings, but I havent botherd with them as good old DPL does it for me.. DVDA and SACD really work, listend to Dark Side of The Moon (SACD ) and some weird DVDA disk, Sound placement from both are solid and completly fill my sitting room. Speakers are wonderful, NXT flatties that produce a warm and room filling sound, even in stereo. Could go on for days, buit in a nut shell, this little beauty is destined to become a classic and reference material, the build and sound are top draw.. 10/10. One very happy owner!

Update..
    Been over 6mths.. and Im still in love with it.. the DSP settings are still gimmicky, but the 5 chanel and game DSP setitngs work wonders on my Game cube and Portable MP3 player. After the novelty of mucking about with both DVA and SACD.. Im still blown away by normal stereo.. how the hell they manage to get quality sound from a pair of flatties is beyond me.. the stereo seperation and sweet spot is incredable.. in a nut shell... for sheer looks and sound, u cant go wrong.... all I need know is a plasma...

Cheers Tony

4. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    How close is this to the DV99

5. Tenaka

Tenaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. bobseye

bobseye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive just bought the Pioneer NSDV99 from Richer Sounds. I watched some of X-Men and then some of Star Wars Ep II and was pretty blown away by the sound. So I thought I'd try a CD out. Am I doing something wrong? The sound was as dull, flat and lifeless as any Ive ever heard. It was like listenin to a crappy 2 watt portablt CD player! Can this be inproved, or am I going to have my home cinema set up AND hifi set up as well for listening to audio CDs? Will DVD Audio sound as bad? please help !! :confused:

7. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    That doesnt sound too good... have you tried an aux input or the radio?
    as the only difference between the 99 990 are the nxt flatties.. also what dsp setting did u use?...