Calling Pioneer 507XD Owners

Chris4Koi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm still in the through's of deciding what display I want to buy and would like any 507XD owners to say a little about this superb display...:smashin:

I have camped out in many video departments and have really scrutinized this display with all types of input that the shop may have so that I could see it up against the competition and I can say that this is a really fantastic display.....;)

I have also been to several HiFi shops such as Seven Oaks, Audio T etc, some of which have really been pro this display, so it would seem to me to be the choice of panel for he time being until the price comes down for the 1080P panels.:smashin:

I would like any owners to give some feedback on what they think of the 507XD display….

Thanks....:hiya:

I should have also asked, where the best deals are to be had, I know that this dispaly can now be had for around the £2k mark and what warranty should I get????

I should have also asked, where the best deals are to be had, I know that this dispaly can now be had for around the £2k mark and what warranty should I get????

I've not seen any recent Pioneer displays myself, but John Lewis are normally happy to pricematch and you also get a great 5 year warranty with the item too. Well worth looking into that route with a pricematch as a 5yr warranty is pretty astounding.

Dan.

I've had my 507XD for a week now and couldn't be happier with it. The quality is amazing. Freeview images are excellent, DVDs look extremely good and my X360 in glorious hi-def is just jaw-dropping.

I did a lot of research (spent around 4 weeks) before settling on this one simply because it's the best in my opinion. I got mine online from Curry's for £2150 delivered (using some discount codes I found on the Internet.)

Hi Chris4Koi,

I received my 507XD last week. What can i say? Well...

I conducted months of research into LCD vs Plasma. I looked at Pioneer, Sony, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Panasonic, the lot. I looked at 1080i and 1080p. I looked at picture quality, and i looked at looks. I read these forums inside out, and i visited several retailers to take demos of various makes and models.

After all of that i went and bought the Pioner 507XD. Since its been installed, all i can say is WOW. It's amazing. With the upscale DVD player, the movies in HD look amazing, and the SD broadcast from SKy+ and from the inbuilt DTV are also crisp and clear. And the unit itself just looks amazing. I also added a new set of KEF speakers to the setup at installation, and the sound is breath taking.

IMHO you will not be disappointed if you were to purchase this TV.

As lots of people will say though, it doesnt matter what we say on here, it should ultimately be down to what you like. Go into a local dealer where you live, and ask for a demo. Most will be happy to oblige.

I can try and get some pictures of my setup if you would like to see it setup, or feel there is any benefit from it.

BTW - Hi AV Forums, although i have been reading these forums for months, this is my first actual post. Hi Everyone. :hiya:

Have to completely agree with HunterUK too... picked my 507XD up last weekend, haven't even had chance to get it out of the box yet, but I too spent a lot of time looking into it.

I was realistic about what I was going to be watching - which is mainly standard def terrestrial freeview, output from a Media Centre PC to similar levels (plus DVDs) and a spot of XBOX360 gaming. No high-def sources whatsoever, and no intention of using them.

As such, I put a lot of focus on standard def performance when comparing with the newer, slightly smaller (40-44") 1080p lcd screens and that was easily the decider for me. I didn't find anything that came close to the Pioneer in this arena.

I got from Costco in the end, a smidgen under £2300 and including 3yr warranty, speaker and stand. If you weren't fussed for the warranty, stand or speaker there are plenty of online places doing it for nearer the £2000-2100 mark, but the warranty edged it for me for the "few" extra quid.

The single best thing to do is, as Hunter said, go and see for yourself. Compare in as like-for-like an environment as you can, and compare with suitable material - none of this high-def, slow-moving, contrasting-colour demo DVD nonsense - but a good old fashioned crappy terrestrial feed - if that's what you intend watching on it.

Hi Chris4Koi,

After all of that i went and bought the Pioner 507XD. Since its been installed, all i can say is WOW. It's amazing. With the upscale DVD player, the movies in HD look amazing, and the SD broadcast from SKy+ and from the inbuilt DTV are also crisp and clear. And the unit itself just looks amazing. I also added a new set of KEF speakers to the setup at installation, and the sound is breath taking.

:

What Kef's did you get?

smjxm09 said:
What Kef's did you get?

I got the new 5005.2 Set. They are amazing. Crystal clear sound and they look fantastic with the 507XD as they are the same shiny black. I also got the floor stands for the front pair, and they stand about the same height as the screen.

http://www.kef.com/kht/kht5005/info.htm here for pics and specs.

Thanks for the warm welcome miceri.

Hi All,

Many thanks for responding to my request....

I think this just confirms what I already had thought, but its always a good idea to hear from actual owners... As I said, I've already been searching for a display that best suits my needs....

It was also nice it prompted HunterUK to make a first posting... I'm too a newbie to this forum... but I have been reading for some time and watching the developments of the 1080P....

Like you say, the Pioneer 507XD produces a superb PQ and at about 3m viewing distance that I'll have ... I think that this will be more than up to the task....even at 768P

I do intend to get SkyHD at some point as well as watching SD from the inbuilt digital FV.... I've just had the new quad dish installed as well as a new antenna mounted on a 3m mast (....everything replaced, new high quality cables new 12 way distribution amp and new FM Arial etc.) as I have trees around where I live.... so need the height for the reception.... costs me over £440 for the complete set-up...but really worth it... now the reception is nothing like I had before... very little in break up or blocking on either Sky+ or Digital FV.

I also intend to add an AV, again, I was looking at the Sony 5200, but maybe I'll go for the 3200 instead.... I had seen the demo at the What HiFi show (4th Nov 06) and was amazed at the set-up...

Haven't decided what speakers to get but been looking at the Monitor Audio RS 6, RS 2 and RSW12 setup....

I had also looked at the Demons', the 2307 or 2807 for the AV and the 2930 or 3930 for the DVD player....any comments....

Thanks once again all for you're inputs to this thread, please keep them coming.... and Yes Please HunterUK, if you get a chance to get some photos to demonstrate the PQ on various feeds would be really appreciated....

Back to work now....
Best regards
Chris

Yesterday was again looking at the 507XD panels and how they perform...I can say that these really do produce a fantastic PQ....:thumbsup:

I'm now trying to get a demo of what I'm considering for my overall package...:smashin: still need to assess the audio side and if its to be the Sony STR DA3200 or the Denon 2307.... Any opinions?

As for the DVD palyer, I've again been looking at the Denon 2930...again, any opinions?

Many thanks for those that have responded to my request from 507XD owners... You’re not wrong; this is a great Panel even if it’s not a full HD... it gave the best overall PQ from all types of feeds IMO.... so this has swung it for me....:thumbsup:

But please keep them rolling in... I still like to hear from any other 507XD owners or prospective owners.... :smashin:

Hi All,

Thanks once again all for you're inputs to this thread, please keep them coming.... and Yes Please HunterUK, if you get a chance to get some photos to demonstrate the PQ on various feeds would be really appreciated....

Back to work now....
Best regards
Chris

Hi Chris4Koi,

Sorry it's taken a few days, but attached is a pic om my 507XD displaying a standard Sky One image via RGB IxOS Scart connection. You can also see my Amp, Sky+ Decoder, DVD player, and front KEF speakers in the image, all of which are sitting nicely on the new stand i got for the TV.

Excuse the Xmas decorations, the wife got to it first!!! ;)

Attachments

• DSC00069.jpg
    DSC00069.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 773
Hi Chris4Koi,

Sorry it's taken a few days, but attached is a pic om my 507XD displaying a standard Sky One image via RGB IxOS Scart connection. You can also see my Amp, Sky+ Decoder, DVD player, and front KEF speakers in the image, all of which are sitting nicely on the new stand i got for the TV.

You have forgotten to peel off those ugly stickers:eek:

Is the tinsel extra.....:D

Is the tinsel extra.....:D

You know, i had to really shop around for a good deal on the tinsel! People say how hard it can be specing out the TV and the DVD player and then finding the best price.

I can assure you, it's just as hard with tinsel. My handy tips for this difficult and important accessory....

Let the wife go mad in town and she'll pick something that's affordable, doesn't look too bad on the TV, and matches the decor of your lounge!!!

:clap: :smashin: :clap:

Excellent screen for the money!! :thumbsup:

DVD:D

:thumbsup: I have just recently brought a pioneer 507xd plasma and have to say this is a stunning screen when used with sky,dvd +xbox360, i am now going to subscibe to sky hd. As for the price the best price i have found is with COSTCO i paid £2350 with speaker, stand and 3yr warranty. I asked john lewis if they could price match but they could not.

Hi Chris4Koi,

Thanks for the picture Hunter....

Well, it's Christmas afterall.... looks good to me... I'm now shopping around for the best prices.... I've seen it now for just under the £2k mark... :smashin: but thats without the extra warranty....:thumbsdow

So looking forward to getting mine hopefully very soon....:thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who's posted here... keep them coming....:thumbsup:

Regards
Chris

:thumbsup: I have just recently brought a pioneer 507xd plasma and have to say this is a stunning screen when used with sky,dvd +xbox360, i am now going to subscibe to sky hd. As for the price the best price i have found is with COSTCO i paid £2350 with speaker, stand and 3yr warranty. I asked john lewis if they could price match but they could not.

Thanks for the info Mark.... sounds as if your pleased with your deal as its including warranty...:smashin:
Looking at other warranties they range from £299 for 3 yr up to £599 for 5 yr....

Just had a quick internet search, price grabber came back with two selling at £1979inc Vat plus £239 for 3yr or 319 for 5yr warranty... so £2298 with 5yr warranty

Excellent screen for the money!! :thumbsup:

DVD:D

DVD
Great set-up....Love the photos....

I see you have the Duo's.... how do you rate them?

how much better is this screen than 436 xde?as im thinking of upgraing:thumbsup:

hi everyone happy new year.

I have ordered my 507, coming asap, could someone please give me a running in list of things to do, it will be very much appriecated.:)

I have recently bought a 507XD. Just make sure you get plenty of DVDs and popcorn - enjoy the show!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom