1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling People Who Know Everything

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Pooon, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    This isn't a PC gaming post so mods please move if there is a more suitable place.

Anyway, i have some Quicktime movies that id like to be able to burn to a cd so that they will play on a DVD player, can this be done? If not i can also download the movies in a MPEG format(i think) and could these be recorded as a vcd?. If any of the above can be done what software would i need to do it, i have Nero Ultra 6 among others.

If interested the files i want to put on disc can be found here:
    BMWFilms

Cheers in advance.

:thumbsup:

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,819
    MPEG files can be burned to a cd or dvd as a video cd/dvd using nero. If they are AVI files or quicktime MOV files then you need to encode them to MPEG before burning. Nero can encode the files as well. I use Nero express and that auto encodes the files to the correct format for VCD but DVD's need to be MPEG-2 and an additional plug in must be purchased to encode to MPEG-2.

Your version of Nero may already have this plug in installed.

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    gthom3, cheers m8, i'll give it a go. I knew someone here would know the answer.

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    better quality of coding avi to mpeg with more options is TMPGenc IMO. i do alot of Avi to mpg & i find this a great tool and there is loads of options if you want to get into it all. can also create NTSC stuff as well. try the trial see if you like it

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,819
    No probs, IAMTHEONE. I can't confess to be an expert but i've copied a few movies etc on to VCD in the past, and they have worked ok.

Bauer, I came across that TMPGenc program when I was looking for some free encoding software a while back. I think that the trial version only allows you to encode a small amount of video though. If so the full version will need purchasing. Also does this program encode Quicktime .MOV files to MPEG?

6. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Why not just buy the DVD ? They sell it on that site, and it costs next to nothing (they only charge for shipping).