1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling Panasonic Plasma Owners!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by 911uk, Jun 12, 2002.

1. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all

I have a Panasonic TH42PW4B on order - I know there are a number of inputs, but I'd like to know if I can connect a PC to the 15pin RGB connector and at the same time have my sky box connected to the RGB component connectors and switch between the two, OR is it basically a shared input?

Thanks in advance.
    Phil.

2. turnergw

turnergw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, that's perfectly possible. There are basically three inputs usable at once:

VGA input
    RGBHV / Component input
    Composite / S-video input

These are all toggled with the 'input select' button on the remote.

The combinations you CANNOT have simultaneously are RGBHV and Component inputs (they share the same input plugs), and Composite and S-video (S-video connection overrides the composite).

HTH - enjoy your new plasma!

3. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    AFAIK the 'B' version is the consumer version and won't have the RGBHV component-bnc board that the 'D' has ...

The 'B' has RGB phonos but can still be used with the VGA connection at the same time as per turnergw's post ...

4. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys.

Looking at the manual for the "B", it shows inputs for RGB components (as phonos) and also H & V..

I can't see what the difference would be apart from being phonos as opposed to BNC (I have bought connection convertors anyway)

5. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Oh OK ... didn't know the 'B' had h + v phonos aswell ... I stand corrected ...

awaiting my 'D' 42 delivery tomorrow !! and a weekend of plugging in the toys and playing with a pal and ntsc progressive scan that works ... also looking forward to a ps2 picture on the new screen ...

and hunting for a matching stand that appear to have taken on the guise of wooden rocking horse s**t again :-(

6. 911uk

911uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jont - With regard to your stand - have you tried empiredirect.co.uk? Just a thought :)

7. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    Yup - they only supply with the screen ... not available from them separately ...

:-(