Calling Infocus 4805 Owners

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by russ123, Nov 8, 2004.

1. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Sounds like a strange question, but can anyone out there tell me the approximate size of a boxed Infocus 4805? Looking to have someone bring one over from the US for me and ideally would like it packaged as new. Just wondering if this is practical or they will have to break it open.

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Boxed, it's about the size of a DVD player or an amp. The box contains the projector plus a compartment for the cables, power leads, remote and manual.
    The projector itself is about the size of a shoe box. The whole box weighs about 8kg

3. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    :thumbsup: Thanks that helps. Emailed Infocus but your response was quicker :)

4. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Just remember (unless you risk the green customs channel, with the associated risks involved in that), you may well have to pay VAT and duty on it when you (or whoever) bring it into the UK, unless you are lucky and get a sympathetic customs officer!!!

It's around 21% I think - plus you may well find it problematic to get warranty support should you subsequently need it.

I'm not saying that importing from the US is a bad idea per se, but it's often not as straightforward as it might first appear. At least you shouldn't have power problems, as most PJs seem to be fitted with universal PSUs enabling use practically anywhere in the world (but do check first though)