calling all viera owners

brackenlamb

Standard Member
Reaction score
When watching dvds with the free dvd recorder do you have the progressive scan on or off ,and does it make any differnce.
cheers and enjoy.

I have a 42pe30 and a (not free!! Had to buy it!) E55. I don't notice a great difference between component / component prog / RGB although the progressive component is marginally clearer when you look at menus etc. I'm using a good set of component cables so the differences may be less if you use average cables. Regardless, the picture on the Viera with the E55 is superb and I love the way the DVD EPG timer can start the E55 recording automatically. Hope this helps.

CJ

The thing you need to be clear about is that the screen deinterlaces, ie makes progressive, any non-progressive sources. If provided a progressive signal, it does nothing. So where is it best to deinterlace, in a £3k display, or a £200 DVD recorder bursting with other expensive technology. Which one has had expense and development put into the deinterlacing? The answer is what drives people to buy Denon 2900s and similar quality DVD players.

I've tried both. Don't think that there's a great deal in it. Slightly sharper maybe with PS off.
So mine now runs with PS off.

Fair enough,i think after various tests,the picture looks better with ps off.

Maw - (or anyone else), I am getting the DMRE85 for £200 extra with my viera. I am doing this because it has pal progressive and my dmre100 doesn’t. Am i wasting my money as i am quite happy with the dmre100? Would i be better using the plasma's deinterlacer or would there be a difference on the unit i have?

Cheers
Cwoj

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom