1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all unhappy DVDSoon customers

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Gliese 581c, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Gliese 581c

Gliese 581c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
    sony psp fiasco, 'in stock' items when they are not, months delays in shipping, hike in prices, scandalous customer service and to top it all off, everyone that has pre-ordered a normal psp wont be getting theirs anytime soon, why ? because sony have sent them a rather large shipment of value pack psp's, but instead of sending these out to the people waiting, they have added a game to 5 different packs and are selling seperately as a bundle with a huge price hike.

time to complain everyone, and I would like everyone that has had issues like these and more should now get these cowboys sorted out and closed down or heavily fined !

file your complaints here >> http://www.econsumer.gov/

a few hundered of us should make a difference after all there must be thousands of us affected !!

act now people.

2. asibley

asibley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Placed my complaint, really easy form to fill in. took 5 minutes.

If everyone who post a complaint replies to this thread we will get a clear idea of the number of people who are effected by this issue.

:)

3. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Another unhappy customer here. DVD Soon's customer service is abysmal.

In addition to the PSP debacle, I wasted a lot of time yesterday trying to find their fax number to return a signed affidavit regarding a DVD that I had not received, as the number they provide does not actually receive faxes. In the end I gave up and sent it in the post, adding further delay to the 45 days I've already had to wait before requesting a replacement.

On the PSP - I have seen reference on another retailer's site to having to buy a game with the console. However VG+ and Amazon Canada appear able to sell bare Value Packs.

In any case, if DVD Soon's claim is correct, all they had to do was ask us to pay the additional cost of a game, which I would have been happy to do. It seems pretty clear that they are hoping we will all cancel our orders and let them get away with offering the console at a price thay are not prepared to honour.

I will lodge a complaint on the website above and also through the Canadian 'Trading Standards' address that is in the 'Sony PSP' thread in the Console Gaming Forum (where most of the discussuion on this has been taking place).

I don't intend to cancel my order until I am absoutely certain that we will be unable to enforce the contracts that DVD Soon have entered into.

4. pmwhelan

pmwhelan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I've logged my complaint.
    :hiya:

5. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I've logged mine too :) Anything to make sure this never happens again

6. zoro

zoro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I hope guys something GOOD comes out of this for all deprived customers..

7. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Not quite true. VG+ made it quite clear that you had to order at least one game when you preordered a psp value pack from them.

8. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    Ah, that must have been where I saw it (I've been looking around so many sites, I've lost track). It looks to me like DVD Soon are using some dodgy distribution rules that Sony have tried to invoke, to get themselves out of some of the preorders they've taken. Hopefully Sony will respond to the enquiries some of us have made and help to clarify the situation.

9. zoro

zoro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Imho, sony should discourage strongly taking actions against such authorized retalers, who bring bad name to company.

I heard that sony strongly discouraged not to pre sell their unit!

10. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    Just to clear something up - it wasn't DVD Soon that added the Gretzky game to the value pack and hiked the price, it was Sony. I got my Value Pack from VG+, and I had to pay $50 more than I originally agreed to because my order was processed after they ran out of the standard value pack. To be honest, I wasn't really bothered because at least the process went smoothly (my original order was just amended) and CA$50 isn't that much. My PSP was still a lot cheaper than if I had bought it from an importer in the UK.

However, DVD Soon were already charging more than VG+ for the value pack and appear to have still hiked the price for the Gretzky pack.

11. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    DVD Soon wanted $180 over and above the price they had originally taken the pre-orders at :thumbsdow

12. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77

Well, that makes sense. If Sony are going to incluide a game with the package, it is obvious they are going to include a price premium. What members of this forum are talking about when they refer to DVD Soon's price hike is the additional amount that DVD Soon have added on TOP of Sony's price.

There is a difference.

13. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    $50 more. DvdSoon wanted $160 more! if it was $50 more we would not be complaining. It would have been £$290. Still $10 less than the official $300 Cdn price, and $60 less than the price DvdSoon is advertising just the value pack on their site.