Calling all Toshiba 28ZD26 TV owners!

mobily

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

With some help from this very forum I managed to find a review of the above television and just have a few queries about it.

The review says that occasional rapid movements can cause slight smearing, however this can be eradicated by activating the 50hz progressive scan mode.

Does this apply to just watching dvd's or the viewing of normal television pictures too? One of the things holding me back from this TV is the 100hz but if it can be sorted by activating 50hz then all my fears would be erased.

I also am a little unsure as to the progressive scanning of the TV. Does this only apply to watching dvd's or does a progressive scan televison also make ordinary pictures more pleasing on the eye?

Thanks for all your help,

James :)

as far as i am aware progresive mode can be turned on for any source and many people belive it to be the best mode.

But the TV can only take progressive scan signals from an NTSC external source (eg prog scan dvd player playing R1 dvds).

But as i said it can do its own 'progressive mode' from any type of signal, both NTSC and PAL and this gives good results and is very adequate for only a 28" TV :)

now i think about it, im not sure if progress mode can be used on its own tuner? i guess someone will answer that soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom