• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Calling all SVS PB10 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

dongagon

Hi everyone

I currently have a Velodyne CHT-10, but I am interested in the SVS PB10-ISD.

I just need some clarification
The specs for my velodyne are as follows
WHD (375*406*525)
SVS PB10
WHD (393*482*546)
The difference between the two isn't huge, but do the specs for the SVS include the grill?
Also will the SVS be a "good" upgrade, or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

Ian J

Banned
dongagon said:
Also will the SVS be a "good" upgrade, or should I be looking elsewhere?
The SVS PB-10 will be an excellent upgrade from the Velodyne CHT-10 as it will play considerable louder, deeper and with much less distortion.

geeman

Standard Member
The grill is included in the spec. I can also say the PB10 is very good sub for the
price and does go loud and deep with low distortion

Petey

I bought my PB10 off Ian J, fantastic sub. Reaches depths I didn't think were possible.

Grill was included with mine, as I think it would be with all PB10's.

Dfour

Stonking sub but the Monolith might be a better bargain and no importing costs. (+ more freebies :) )

bob1

Dfour said:
Stonking sub but the Monolith might be a better bargain and no importing costs. (+ more freebies :) )
Where have you been ,what import costs ,you can now buy direct from avsales.Power buy HERE

Andywilliams

Dfour said:
DFour there isnt any importing to do now you buy direct from avsales still worth considering the monolith though more choice on finish.
Bob you just beat me to it :rotfl: .

bob1

gonzo said:
Bob you just beat me to it :rotfl: .
Don't you just hate that. :D

Dfour

bob1 said:
Where have you been ,what import costs ,you can now buy direct from avsales.Power buy HERE
I knew it was in the pipeline but didnt realise it was actually in operation. :cool: Been busy in other parts of this forum and not in here :(

PJTX100

If I had 400 smackers to spend on a sub the Monolith looks a compelling buy vs the PB10...PJ

Ian J

Banned
MADMAND said:
You can't speak for it at all if you have not heard it.
Interesting comment from the bloke that posted the above a week ago. You want it all ways I see :rotfl:

MADMAND

Banned
Yes but this is coming from someone who has heard both subs mentioned along with a handfull of far more expensive subs.
2 days ago i made that comment toward this by you.
Ian J
I haven't heard the Monolith and whilst I don't doubt that it would go louder and probably deeper than a Storm I can't speak for it's nimbleness which is what is all important to you.

Ian J

Banned
Ilkka actually posted the results of his sub tests here and whilst he didn't test the SVS PB-10 he did test the Monolith and included the following comments:-

Regarding the max SPL, the Monolith loses to SVS’s at lower frequencies, but the result is still very good considering the price. Also the amp on Monolith has a very clear limiter, which engaging was very noticiable. The limiter engages at the beginning of the signal, but when the signal continues, limiter lets the level to rise at some specific level. So the limiter protects the woofer from fast signals/bursts. The THD rises quite high in 25 Hz – 50 Hz range already at low levels. This is not a good thing, since both music and movies contain a lot of material in this range.
In view of the healthy interest you show in my posts I am beginning to wonder who you really are :)

PJTX100

Ian J said:
If the PB10 was a PB12 for the same price, and the Monolith was a 10" unit, would there be any question?

But the shoe is on the other foot, both companies have good reputations for building quality subs, hence the Monolith deserves the nod.

I'm surprised you asked TBH!...PJ :D

dongagon

I thinks the slightly smaller size of the PB10 sways it for me. I should hopefuly be the proud owner of a PB10 with in the month.

:D I can't wait

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
ignore all the argueing, what you really want is a Creative Labs subwoofer from one of their computer setups.......arf arf ;-)

Ian J

Banned
PJTX100 said:
If the PB10 was a PB12 for the same price, and the Monolith was a 10" unit, would there be any question?

But the shoe is on the other foot, both companies have good reputations for building quality subs, hence the Monolith deserves the nod.

I'm surprised you asked TBH!...PJ :D
You had me going for a while as I thought you were being serious :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.