1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Sony dvp s735d owners

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stealther, Dec 20, 2002.

1. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Sony dvp s735d

Ive read some old old threads that touch on this subject but I want to know if anyone ever came to a conclusion.
    The DVD player goes into standby when the power is switched on to get it to play u must press any button on the remote or the unit.
    What I would like to know is If this is a fault or is it how the sony is ment to work?
    I need to know as Iam in a argument with those lovely people at Techtronics who returned the dvd to us claiming it was faulty and therefore could not have the multiregion chip.

I might add returned it to us after 3 weeks and 4 phone calls.:mad:
    Anyway I would love to be able to claim the £20 shipping back of them.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    upon power up, mine flashes up something on th display then goes into standby. To get anything further to happen....... you have to press something. So it sounds ok to me

ad

3. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 725 used to do this also, as does my current NS900. I don't believe there's anything wrong with your player, and as Techtronics sell Sony DVD players I'm sure they know this too.

Adam

4. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Cheers guys I think were right.
    I will investigate further mark my words tho Techtronics will rule the day they ****ed with me!

Does it not worry you that they have engineers so incompotent that they can not tell a faulty player from a working one.:clown:

I feel a hate campaign coming on!
    Theres 12,000 people attending my uni Iam sure I can arrange for a email to be sent to them.:)

5. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Does it not resume whatever state it was in last time you powered off ? Try powering off both in standby and not. And I think this is perfectly normal.

Mike.