1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Sammy PS42D4SXX owners

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bailey, Jan 7, 2005.

1. bailey

bailey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just ordered a Samsung PS42D4SXX plasma after looking at it in curry’s. I am finding it hard to find a review on this screen, I know you might thinks why order it, but I like the style and menu system. The picture was very good after I messed around with it.

Also whets the best way to” run in” your plasma or do you has to? If people thinks this is a pants plasma i might be able to cancel my order , any thought would be a help

2. blackmanalishi

blackmanalishi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one in November from Currys (back when it was £2250 including home cine kit and free LCD monitor, about 2 weeks before they slashed the price, yet curiously the sales staff still told me what an amazing deal it was...) - took it back after a week as I was so disappointed with the picture quality. Then I found this forum (allelujah!).

If you want my advice, cancel the order and spend your £1600-1700 (I think thats what they cost now isn't it?) on a Panny PW7 or alternative. If you're desperate to have the integrated tuner (unnecessary if you use Sky or Cable) and integrated speakers and inputs, the Panny Viera's also great value.

My only experience so far is with Panasonic and Samsung, and I'd never go back to the Samsung. There will be others on this forum, however, who would recommend certain screens over the Panny - but it's horses for courses and I'm chuffed with mine... certainly if you're not bothered about HD (High Def - which clearly you're not if you ordered the Samsung), then you can't beat the Panny for overall quality and price IMO.

3. bailey

bailey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have taken your advice and canceled my order. Now looking for a Panny 6 don’t think my budget will go for a panny 7 as I want a rgb to component converter as well as a rgb scart switch box and some speakers for the plasma as my wife does not want the home cinema kit on just to watch Eastenders!!, hey but at least she is letting me get one :thumbsup: