1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all JVC AV32WFT1 Owners

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jtorry, Aug 7, 2002.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My set has just come back from the engineers for the 2nd time and still is suffering from an image persistence problem. This can be seen mostly in dark scenes where there is a contrast of light and dark. The problem causes lights to have very long smeared tails and on camera changes for the old picture to remain visible on screen as a ghost over the new picture. An example of this is a face is on the left of the screen and nothing on the right. then it changes to a face on the right of the screen. This time there is a ghost of the face on the left untill it fades away.

Basically I need to know if this is my eyes or do all sets have the problem.

2. jase the space

jase the space
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How long is the persistence for?

My old Tosh ZP18 suffered from this from time to time and I think it is common to all 100Hz TVs (opening credits of Rocky 4 showed it really well with the gloves approaching from opposite sides of the screen). My Loewe also has it to some extent.

3. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the set is only 50Hz

4. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do I have any chance of getting my money back as I am fed up of having the tv taken away and coming back not fixed.