calling all irish men....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by snuffy1, Nov 6, 2002.

1. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all...

I am currently looking to spend about 1000 euro on a Dvd player (multi region) and want to know where the best place is to get one in Dublin...

I am a bit stuck...Is there anywhere really good that does installations.... Or where I could get some really good advice and not just from some part time muppet who does not give a damn what I buy, once I buy from him...

thanks allot...:confused:

and a couple of Irish websites that you lot buy dvds from would help... thanks again...

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I cant help on dealers, i am up north so dont know who does around Dublin. What i can say is that keeping your eyes open to what is said in these forums will help you a lot to make a decision yourself. If you read back over the last months posts in the dvd players forum, you will find loads of helpful information.

dvd software....... check out the dvd software area..... but as a starter play or future ent

good luck

ad

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,867
    there is only 1 hi-fi a/v dealer in Dublin!!!!

www.cloneyaudio.com , unless u count the sony centre, but then the player won't be multi-region. Although there is a couple of place in NI. www.theflicks.co.uk and Kronos.

Might be worth popping over to the UK for a weekend, get yourself on a ryanair flight.

4. snuffy1

snuffy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for all the help lads... I will keep an eye out on the site...

cheers...

5. Delorian

Delorian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're out of my league, I bought a Tosh 220e (highly recommended) from dvdplayers.co.uk for €280. Don't, what ever you do, buy hardware over here. An older version of my player was in town for €100 more and it wasn't multiregion.

For dvds, www.cdwow.ie is def the place to go. Everything arrives, free p&p in 3 days. You'll see loads of ppl giving out and praising places in the dvd talk forum. Have a look through this forum to find the best dealers for your kind of price range. I recommend buying from the UK as most are multiregion and postage is a wee bit cheaper than any place else. dvdplayers.co.uk, £28 I think, was the cheapest I found, and Techtronics are quite dodgy, or so I hear.

6. bobajob

bobajob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you could try Lyric Hifi at Lower Stephans street,beside Georges Street.They are having a closing down sale at the moment before moving to new premises in Malahide Marina.They will be working out of Richer Sounds on the Quays until their new shop is ready.
    also try Hi Fi Corner,they have also relocated to above a Sony center oppisite the R.D.S.i am not sure what they are called now.

bobajob

7. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,867
    hi-fi corner have relocated??

Thought they went bust as never seen any more of them since they closed their shop at the quays...

8. bobajob

bobajob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to a guy who worked in HI FI Corner and he told me where they had moved to.Apparently they are moving into home installs+home automation.They are trying to move into hi-end audio like Cloney Audio and they wont be dealing with the casual guy who walks in looking for the latest 5***** product.With Lyric also moving and trying to do the same it leaves the average guy with nowhere to buy mid price gear.Unless you count Dixons +Sony Centers:rolleyes:

bobajob