Calling All Ipad Owners - Please Help

Reaction score
I purchased my iPad from the states three weeks ago And over the last week or so the top right hand quarter of the screen does not respond to touch in safari when I scroll down. It works perfect everywhere else. I got a replacement yesterday from apple and I have the same problem on the new one, Can you believe it???

Now the only common thing for both is that I jail broke them and secondly applied a screen protector i purchased off eBay.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I feel uneasy getting in touch with apple again. Thanks in advance for your help

Take off the screen protector and see if the screen works, don't know enough about jail breaking to know if that could cause an issue with the screen, but the screen protector is the only consistent thing between both ipads that directly relates to the screen.

Hi corpsical

I have removed it and it is the same. I restored the first iPad after having jailbroken it and the problem was still there.

I have restored the new one and i'll see how I get on. Not a happy bunny at the moment though :-(

Just re-read your original post, is it only safari that shows
the problem?

Last edited:
ok chaps just been to the Apple store again.

This is a software bug. Certain websites are running some scripts that the iPad doesnt like and causes the top right hand corner of the screen to become unresponsive. This only occurs in Safari. A reset of the iPad resolved the issues temporarily until you revisit the site (I believe it to me Engadget or Cricinfo.com | Cricket news, live scores and statistics)

So some good news from this experience:

1. They can't detect the jailbreak (which I suppose we already knew but its nice to have it confirmed)
2. The US iPad is covered in the UK (I got the first replaced - it was a US model)
3. The jailbreak software is not the cause of the problem

and the bad news is that this software bug, I'll (we'll) have to live with it and hopefully it will get fixed in 4.0

It's not Engadet ...been there plenty of times in Safari

ok chaps just been to the Apple store again.

This is a software bug. Certain websites are running some scripts that the iPad doesnt like and causes the top right hand corner of the screen to become unresponsive. This only occurs in Safari. A reset of the iPad resolved the issues temporarily until you revisit the site (I believe it to me Engadget or Cricinfo.com | Cricket news, live scores and statistics)

So some good news from this experience:

1. They can't detect the jailbreak (which I suppose we already knew but its nice to have it confirmed)
2. The US iPad is covered in the UK (I got the first replaced - it was a US model)
3. The jailbreak software is not the cause of the problem

and the bad news is that this software bug, I'll (we'll) have to live with it and hopefully it will get fixed in 4.0

Hate to break this to you but both of those sites work perfectly for me in safari.

Hate to break this to you but both of those sites work perfectly for me in safari.

for me too...at least initially....prolonged use seems to mess it up. It may be a couple of others also, but these are the ones I think may cause the issue

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom