1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling All Fuji Owners

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lawk, Mar 6, 2003.

1. lawk

lawk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd just like some advice, My current set-up is a Fujitsu 4242, with Sony DVD, Digital Box,and VCR. I don't have a AV amp (maybe I need one), as I'm not really a big home cinema fan, However I'm not particularily keen on having a mass of cabling leading up to screen.

I'd ideally like to have a multi-media box (eg Hitachi) or Tuner box (eg Panasonic) that takes multiple inputs and a single cable up to the screen, however their doesn't seem to be any solutions, as all the tuner boxes etc seem to be proprietory.

Does anyone have thoughts

2. lawk

lawk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Com'on I can't be the only person with a 4242, or a Fujitsu.

There must be someone with a one.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    lawk

You could do far worse than adding in a Silicon Image iScan Ultra - 2 x YUV, 2 x S-Video and 2 x Composite and 1 x RGB output to your display.

The Ultra has IR so you can program up a Pronto or similar to control it and your other devices and the Ultras video processing prowess should also improve your viewing enjoyment.

I've never attached the Ultra to your display so possibly one to trial before you buy! You'll also want a JS Technology RGB2YUV to convert the output of your RGB sources to YUV before feeding them into the Ultra.

Best regards

Joe