1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Denon 2200 owners.....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Winnie, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Winnie

Winnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well, after trying to track down a Toshiba SD-900e, I have given up, so am now looking to get a Denon 2200. (Hmmm....I must have an obsession with obsolete products :D )

Anyway, apart from the dodgy power button, is there anything else I should know about ?

I will be hooking up via component to my AE100 and my Denon 2802 receiver.

Your opinions on this player, good and bad.....and being Denon i'm sure there will be both :rolleyes: .....will be most welcome.

Cheers

Paul

2. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Paul, well i`ve only had mine about a month but i am very pleased with it in the beging i thought i had a layer change problem but it turned out to be my copy of the film :( but other then that well pleased :)

3. Eddy Kins

Eddy Kins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've had my 2200 for about a month, it's a gold multi-region model. I bought it on-line from Superfi for £299.95
    So far, as well as region 2 PAL discs, I've tried it with the following formats:
    Region 1 NTSC, DVD +RW, CD & SACD - all with no problems.
    In spite of reading some worrying postings within these forums I am more than impressed with the machine's performance so far. (My fingers, however, remain crossed!)

4. Ohboy

Ohboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

5. Winnie

Winnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for all replies so far. Anyone else come across compatibility issues with different formats ?

Was kinda hoping this player would play anything (like my cheapo Compacks :blush: )

Anyway keep the views coming.......

Paul

6. Mungo

Mungo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 2200 in the Spring and have been very pleased. No compatibility issues so far, I have a Pioneer 5100 DVD HDD recorder and it plays all the DVD-Rs recorded on that (provided they have been finalised of course).

My wife was a bit sceptical as we upgraded from a Tosh SD220 but even she is highly impressed by the better definition and colour. There is also much more oomph at low frequency levels.

Build quality also appear to be high, I've had no vibrations with discs as others seem to have reported.

Its my first Denon product but I will definitely look at them for my next AV purchase, as and when that is.

7. andy_pandy

andy_pandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only advice would be to purchase from a reputable dealer. I have just replaced my 2900 with a different make due to more faults and issues I was prepared to put up with for £800. However I only got all my money back after 9 months due to the dealer, otherwise I would have kissed goodbye to the money. If you get a faultless one it will be excellent.
    Good luck.

8. xbiggy

xbiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to add my 2 bits have just received my 2200 from p tyson 2 days in total from time of order and well pleased so far but and there is a but i have found a couple of my dvd-r discs to not work but will in my other players but hey the difference in quality is worth the sacrifice.all was set up nice out of the box more or less just plug and play.oh and mine had a proper 3 pin plug.

Update:
    after a few more days testing am starting to lose faith getting a lot of issues now mainly with dvd-r in that some just wont start up at all and some will play for about an hour then they start to do all sorts of weird and wonderful things like jumping pausing even going into slow mo have even had a region 1 disc not play properly.i have tried all said discs in 2 cheapo supermarket players and a pioneer 565 and all work fine so am now talkin to the retailer for a solution.will update the results when get them.
    :blush: