Calling all Costco members!

bairdyboy1980

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Do Costco stock all the latest TVs? Looking for a 6/7/8 series Samsung 3D/LED TV.... If you look at their website it only lists a few TVs. On closer inspection, costco.co.uk does reflect whats actually in the store.

I don't have a card and don't want to and pay £30 if they don't stock the latest model of TVs...

I have not been in for a few months but Costco usually stocks the latest TVs. I got my Panasonic Plasma there a couple of years ago when the model was first launched. Do you have a friend who could take you?

Ring your local store. Ask them if they have the model you want in stock if they don't ask them if they are getting it in

The last time I went into one they had a 100" Sharp for just over £3K. Would that do ya? :)

Costco glasgow certainly had plenty of sammys in but I didn't look in much detail at models. This was yesterday

Yeh going to give the store a ring tomorrow but just incase some of you kind fellows knew :)

I have someone from work that has a card but its a hassle organising going at the same time lol

I reckon i could get a card but i just would go enough. Suppose it depends on the deal i get on the TV. Got a £900-£1k budget.

So if i turn up to costco myself, i cant just go in and browse?

I was in there today and I passed some Panasonic Viera models but I didn't check the series and a really nice 70" Tv, cannot remember the name. Browsing isn't allowed as they often check membership before you enter....

Don't forget cash/debit or Amex only and the card holder must pay.....saw a very nice Breitling Avenger in Heydock this morning.

I was hoping i could go in and see if its got the model i want... if they do at the right price i go get a membership.

Hmmmmm! Difficult as i cant get a same time that my mate from work can go the same as me lol

I guess stock quantities vary from store to store, which particular model are you after?

Sammy UE46ES6900 is the one i have my eye on

Its £950 in john lewis. If its cheaper in costco i would get it in there. Really want the 5 year warranty hence just looking at both these options...

You can't just go in, pay your dues and get a membership. I'd look at their website first to see exactly what they need from you.

You can't just go in, pay your dues and get a membership. I'd look at their website first to see exactly what they need from you.

Yep i know:(

I looked on the website but could only find details on the membership levels (trade and individual etc). Going to give them a phone in the morning :)

bairdyboy1980 said:
Yep i know:(

I looked on the website but could only find details on the membership levels (trade and individual etc). Going to give them a phone in the morning :)

£66.00/annum for our membership gives us 2% cash back per annum and although I was initially cynical I really like shopping there. Even if you cannot get the Tv you want the steaks are awesome!

I reckon i could get a card but i just would go enough. Suppose it depends on the deal i get on the TV. Got a £900-£1k budget.

So if i turn up to costco myself, i cant just go in and browse?

They definitely have some bargains - albeit you sometimes have to buy several of whatever it might be.

A few examples of things I buy regularly:

Pepsi Max - 300ml cans - 24 for under a fiver
Bottled water - 500ml bottles - 35 for under £3
Also Manuka Honey - they do for about 1/2 price you'll pay in Tesco.

And as roustafarian says, some of their meat is great quality and value.

Definitely worth checking out.

Can you not go in on a visitor pass for a look round.

If your a none member you can bu stuff but at an extra 10% on top.

For warranty to be valid you need to be a Costco member.

internetuser said:
Can you not go in on a visitor pass for a look round.

If your a none member you can bu stuff but at an extra 10% on top.

For warranty to be valid you need to be a Costco member.

I didn't think u could get a visitors pass on ur own?

So for the 5 year warranty I would need to pay £20 each year for 5 years? John Lewis is sounding more appealing lol

Can anyone confirm the terms of Costco TV warranties? I bought two TVs about 3 years ago. They came with 5 year warranties. One of them is now faulty, but my membership had lapsed.
Will they honour the warranty?

Unfortunately the business I registered the original membership under has been liquidated, so I cannot rejoin under the same Ltd company name.

Can anyone advise how to deal with the situation?

Hi,

the terms & conditions aren't stated online but I can't see their being any issue because of you no longer being a member.

Here is what the website tells you to do:

For warranty service contact Costco Concierge Services on 0800 0324 324, have the following ready

Name
Costco Membership No
Order confirmation/Item No
Item description & Model No
Serial No
Purchase Date

Hope you get your problem sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom