Calling all Benq w100s

J

joe1joe

Hello Folks,

Gonna get myself a W100 within the next few weeks, I simply can't wait ;). I've looked about for screens and found what seems to be a great electric screen, at a great price.

I'd like to know what size screens people are using with their w100s, as this screen I'm hoping for is 75inch. What I want to know is am I going too big, will the picture be unclear? Or could I even push it to 80inch?

Screen
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320012716470&fromMakeTrack=true

Look forward to ur replys,

Ta

Joe

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
It really depends on your throw distance - where you can project from and also what the lighting conditions are. The W100 can do up to 160" in the right conditions.

The W100 has no lens shift so position is going to be an important consideration.

Unfortunately the throw distance calculator doesn't have data for the W100 but I'm sure someone can do the maths for you if you give us the garage dimensions etc.

I have a benq w100. It is currently set up projecting a 81 inch image onto a movielux portable (well they claim it is, but too big to really be portable) screen.

The projector is just over 10 feet from the screen.

Image looks fantastic at night when dark.

Hope that helps.

Edward

eddyj443 said:
I have a benq w100. It is currently set up projecting a 81 inch image onto a movielux portable (well they claim it is, but too big to really be portable) screen.

The projector is just over 10 feet from the screen.

Image looks fantastic at night when dark.

Hope that helps.

Edward

how close before you see screen door ?

choccy said:
how close before you see screen door ?

I don’t. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought screen door was only a real problem on LCD projectors.

I sit close to the screen (about 10 feet) normally, because my living room is quite small, have not seen the screen door effect once.

Edward

SDE is a non issue as I have just posted this in the Screens section...

Wallace,

I've been a bit of a lurker on this forum for awhile now, but since I have recently bought a Benq W100 projector, I may be able to allay your concerns..

SDE was one of my concerns about this projector after reading the review on the Projectorreviews.com website...but I thought I'll just have to live with it, considering all the other good points of this unit..

I have a long HT room, 3.6m.x 7.7m., so seating distance wasn't going to be a problem for me..

I made up a 106" screen, and set up the projector...
The image is 2400mm.wide, on max. zoom and I sit 13' back from the screen.
At that size, I have to walk up to about 4' from the screen before I see any pixels!!

The screen sizes you are looking at will not be a problem and I would suggest at least a 90" screen would be suitable in your situation..

Other than that, the image that the W100 projects is beautiful, straight out of the box...oh, and the blacks on my screen are as good as most crt tv's !!

I highly recommend this projector to anyone who wants an entry level projector...it's the best "bang for buck" on the market...

I hope that helps you...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom