1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Aconda owners

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bugfinder, Jun 24, 2003.

1. bugfinder

bugfinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fellow Aconda owners

I have recently been through about 2 months of hassle trying to get a problem fixed with my set (crackle / picture flicker owing to audio heat sync problem).

The first time it was returned "fixed" I immediately noticed a new fault - an electrical humming/buzzing coming from the front speakers that I hadn't noticed before. Straight back into the box it went and back to Endeva.

A technician reported that this was due to a poor earth and a re-solder had fixed it. It was returned and seemed much better in the sound department. Only problem this time was I noticed they have scuffed off a corner of the metallic silver paintwork down to black. All this on a high quality set that I only bought last year.

As you can probably understand, my confidence in the set has been dented slightly because of the time it has spent being tinkered with and in transit.

To this end could you do me a favour - I know you don't tend to watch TV with your ear up against the speaker, but could you please just mute the set and have a listen to the front speakers (not the cabinet).

Do they run perfectly quietly as I am convinced they used to?
    Or is there a bit of an electrical hum - as there is now with mine, though not as much since the re-solder?
    The old Sony set they lent me certainly didn't do this...

Yours Frustrated and no doubt listening far too sensitively...!
    Dan

2. Agisthos

Agisthos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried it with no connection (the blue screen) and with something connected but with mute on.

Both times there was absolutely not even the slightest sound.

I would demand the set be replaced, especially with the scratch present.

Make a scene and it will happen, dont worry about being an asshole. These tv's cost a fortune and you are entitled to perfection.

It wont be your retailer who will be out of pocket but Loewe themself.

3. bugfinder

bugfinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agisthos
    Thanks for taking the time to test. I'll be taking this up with Endeva (service agent in the UK).

I have thought carefully about asking for a replacement as I spent a lot of time getting the geometry right on my current set. It's always a bit of a lottery with a new set.

When watching the TV normally you can't notice the humming, but it's more the fact that it just shouldn't be there. I guess my confidence has been knocked and a replacement may be the best way forward.

Cheers
    Dan