1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**calling all A1SE users**

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by zcaps57, Feb 16, 2002.

1. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you guys connect your DVD-Player to your display through A1SE's component video input & output ???

Or do you connect your DVD player straight to display??

At the moent, I connect my visual equipment(DVD, D-VHS, PS2) straight to my projector(11ht). And I would like to make connections look "cleaner" through A1SE's component video circuit.

I suppose A1SE's video circuit bandwidth is good enough to pass through my Hi-Def D-VHS video signal(1080i, 720P) and DVD Player(480i/p, 576i). (not 100% sure. :( )

If connecting visual eqipment straight to display yields better PQ, than I will live with as it is now. but it looks like A1SE has a good quality video circuit.

BTW, Does the A1SE show On Screen Display through component video out as well??

Any opinion would be appreciated. :)

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I connect to my Tosh RPTV through my Denon's component input/outputs, purely due to the fact that I have my DVD player, XBox and PS2 all connected via component. This enables me the benefits of video source switching to my TV's single component input.

I can't notice any degradation in signal quality, though logic tells me there must be at least *some* degradation and that a direct connection would always be best. It's just not noticeable to me...

And finally, no - the onscreen display is not visible via the component outputs from the Denon. It only works via SVideo and Composite.

3. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. :)

Darn... OSD not visible via component.
    Oh, well.... I'll just keep my equipment directly connected to my projector.

Thanks again, Carl.
    :D :) ;)

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I connect my stuff through my A1SE and get progressive no probs. Wouldn't it be worth running an Svideo cable to projector for OSD..? I do, but then I use Svideo for Sky Digital anyway..
    I guess it depends on wher your equipment is..

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I dont run anything through my amp, just connect straight to the tv, until I get a projector!!

6. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The good thing about component switching is the fact that it's done via relais and hence no electronics are involved (thus no OSD), therefore keeping the signal path as clean as possible which should result in minimum loss.

7. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Well designed amps add about 1 / 2 db degredation to the signals that they pass. This is not noticable by eye at all and therefore is nothing to worry about. It is always useful to have SVideo / composite as well as component for those OSD.:D