Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

callibrating cineza

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bob, Jun 23, 2002.

1. bob

bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tweeked the thing quite a lot but I wonder if somebody else done that with good results.I have succesfully got to the service menu and adjusted colours.On my PC did lot of stuff but I can not simply get rid of the pixelation.If it is out of focus -yes it helps but you can't watch anything.So, what do I do next.
    Should I get a filter?(which one)
    Any advice about the service menu?
    Has anybody here proper set up?
    How can I get a little smoother picture?

Any help appreciated

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Earlier, someone posted that the Cineza now comes with a filter from Sony. I would call Sony up and inquire about it. As far as the pixel problem- a lot of it depends on the video card in your pc. Any current ATI card is the best.

Scott

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    You can't do much about the pixel gaps on a fixed panel projector. A de-interlaced image (like that from a HCPC) helps reduce the motion artifacts which tend to show up the panel structure.

Your options now are either to project a smaller image (or sit further away), change projector to something with a better pixel pitch (smaller gaps), or investigate add-on lenses like those from Cygnus. They claimed to have a lens that "multiplied" the pixels for a smoother image. Try searching the American AVS Forum for more info.

Regards

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Brundelfly?