1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

callibrating cineza

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bob, Jun 23, 2002.

1. bob

bob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tweeked the thing quite a lot but I wonder if somebody else done that with good results.I have succesfully got to the service menu and adjusted colours.On my PC did lot of stuff but I can not simply get rid of the pixelation.If it is out of focus -yes it helps but you can't watch anything.So, what do I do next.
    Should I get a filter?(which one)
    Any advice about the service menu?
    Has anybody here proper set up?
    How can I get a little smoother picture?

Any help appreciated

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Earlier, someone posted that the Cineza now comes with a filter from Sony. I would call Sony up and inquire about it. As far as the pixel problem- a lot of it depends on the video card in your pc. Any current ATI card is the best.

Scott

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    You can't do much about the pixel gaps on a fixed panel projector. A de-interlaced image (like that from a HCPC) helps reduce the motion artifacts which tend to show up the panel structure.

Your options now are either to project a smaller image (or sit further away), change projector to something with a better pixel pitch (smaller gaps), or investigate add-on lenses like those from Cygnus. They claimed to have a lens that "multiplied" the pixels for a smoother image. Try searching the American AVS Forum for more info.

Regards

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Brundelfly?