Caller Display facility with Virgin Media

yoclick

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Probs wrong section but didnt know where else to put this. Just wondering if anyone here has caller display from virgin? I really need this service but have been told this is only available in Leeds :eek:

Does anyone have this and if so, which city do you live in? Im really annoyed as i either have to wait untill they have this facility, and in the next few months if they dont, il need to move to a new providor. Sucks as i love virgin media's internet and want to take advantage of V+ but i need to cut outgoing costs so need to go for a bundle deal really.

Any info would be really usefull!

I have caller display and have done so for a couple of years now. Was with Telewest prior to Virgin takeover and live in Birmingham.

It costs about £1.50 per month.

Hope this helps.

martind

Grr :mad:

Called up again, and get told firstly when i asked the question "do you have a caller display facility?" i got the response "no". Then i asked can you check and they reply "oh yes in a few areas but not yours". So i said "ok is it true its only available in leeds?" and they reply "oh no, available in a few places eg me and i live nowhere near leeds but have it at home" :rolleyes:

Ok, anyone else see whats wrong with what they were saying? I almost give up on virgin. I've called 4/5 times and been told different tales. Caller display is one of the most handiest things in the world, imagine if u didnt have it on ur mobile! Yet i cant even recieve it in my area

Anyone else who cant/can recieve, could you state which and your town if you dont mind.

Iv got it in Falkirk Scotland :D

Yup that might help lol.
Im in Norwich, ex NTL man.

Have all those who have posted (and those who do), did you setup your caller display with virgin media or before the takeover? I got a feeling they have made a whoopsie somewhere so this info will help when i call tomorrow.

Personally i thought thier caller display was EVERYWHERE!

On the website it does say "depending on where you live" and call 0845 454 1111 to find out and its £1.75 per month.

I'm in Kent so not much help

Well phoned up another time "Only in Leeds". Got annoyed and told them others have it and she said speak to my collegues + supervisor, so i did and they said the same thing. So i gave up and said fine, and hung up.

Then i called up again to see what kind of package they can do for me if i wanted to drop my phone package (will have to go to BT as i need caller display) but also get thier tv package.

While on the phone i asked this person to check the caller display, and they told me it was only in the northern east of the country. Not sure if birmingham + dudley are listed are northern east (thought midlands?) but anyway couldnt be bothered to argue. The only difference i noted is when an call centre from abroad picks up my call, they say always "Leeds", but in the UK i get all kinds of responses.

Anyways she said i am through to the wrong department even though i select the correct option and then after 10minutes on hold at 8:02 some guy picks up and says he cant do anything with my account as its past 8 so their systems automatically close.

My first thought "WHAT YOU DOING ANSWERING MY CALL THEN!?!?!?" but im too damned polite on a phone and simply said ok nicely and hanged up.

Il call up tomorrow when im energised and try to get somewhere hopefully.

I'm ex telewest, up in Fife and have had caller display for a good couple of years no probs, mines free now on my retention deal too!!

Maybe there's a problem with ex NTL customers??????

Im also ex-Telewest, in Chorley, Lancashire and have had caller ID ever since I joined (year and a half ago).

I give up, tried another few times today and got told the same old story "Not available in your area", "Only in Leeds", "Only in northern east". Pfft its too much hassle! I've now got a deal (XL TV, V+, XL Phone and talk mobile, M BB for £46.45) and that seems a good enough offer to keep me on board.

Will try in a week after my V+ install though to find out about caller display, AGAIN! lol

Thanks everyone again, i will no doubt tell them again people in your areas have it.

I have caller display with VM and I'm in Hertfordshire.

David

Ex Telewest in Liverpool. That's in the North West NOT the North East:Dsort of half way up the country and turn left at Manchester. Which is the North West of England. Nowhere near Leeds.:devil:

hi not sure if you ever got it enabled but caller display is avalable in all ex-telewest arias but only sertain ex-NTL so if ur in ex-NTL its most likaly u cant have it as most cant hope this helps you.

I am in Stoke on Trent and caller display is not available.

I'm in Leicestershire (in between Leicester and Coventry) and have Caller Display (ex-NTL area).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom