1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Call setup on 3805 remote and composite video problem?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tim-Ann, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Tim-Ann

Tim-Ann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Hi there,

I have managed to set my 3805 to switch on the Amp and Sky+ (DBS) on call 1, Amp and DVDR on call 2 and Amp and VCR on call 3. But how do I get the amp when it first switches on to start up in the correct mode i.e. Amp, Sky+ should start up in DBS mode but if I then close down and start up in Amp, DVDR mode then the Amp starts up in the last mode used i.e. DBS?

Any ideas?

Secondly I have a Sony VCR which only has composite out when I connect the composite lead from Sony to 3805 the Video picture is very jerky like the tracking is wrong however if I plug the composite cable direct into the PWD7 board then the video picture is stable and viewable any ideas on what is causing this issue and a fix?

Many thanks, Tim.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    You should be able to program an Input into the sequence so that when you press each Call the Amp will switch to the appropriate Input (DVD, DBS etc). E.g AMP on, switch to DVD input, DVDR player on, Eject tray etc etc. Takes a while but it should be possible.

With the VCR it could be down to lack of TBC (Time Base Correction) some Amps don't have this feature so you get problems like you're describing with VCR's. Doublecheck your VCR to see if it has this as an option.