call out charge on replacement boxes

sizedoesmatter

Novice Member
my three year (edit) old Thomson started going all over the place this week, it transferred everything & I mean everything from Anytime into my planner but disappeared altogether from anytime. So the planner was 100% full. That caused all sorts of problems, couldn't even re-set via the menu. So they said the box was caput & they'd swap it out. The Sky bloke came today & gave me a brand new Amstrad, with a a new Remote as well. So are these any good/bad compared to the Thomsons?

Also I don't have the extended warranty & on the phone they never mentioned a call out charge & neither did the bloke, will that just appear on my account or what?

It doesn't have the new EPG, will that arrive before xmas I haven't really kept in touch with that having had the new one for a few months now.

Last edited:

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
It should all be under warranty if it is only 3 months old..
The Amstrad box seems to be quite good apart from not having the new EPG which maybe will be out this side of christmas..
Also there is a fault with the contrast setting. Its stuck on high and by changing it in the menu it does not change the picture.This is a known fault and will be fixed when it gets the new EPG..

tele1962

Distinguished Member
The Amstrad box seems to be quite good apart from not having the new EPG which maybe will be out this side of christmas..
Also there is a fault with the contrast setting. Its stuck on high and by changing it in the menu it does not change the picture.This is a known fault and will be fixed when it gets the new EPG..
If you have the Amstrad box with stuck contrast ask SKY to replace it with one that works as it is having an impact on your picture quality.:)

sizedoesmatter

Novice Member
Sorry I missed out years, so its 3 years old.

Something I've noticed straight away is how quiet the Amstrad is compared to the Thomson, I had the thomson in a cabinet & I could still hear it, especially when anytime was doing something. Now as quiet as a grave. Doesn't seem to get as hot either. The red record light seems brighter as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom